Chapter 12

A/N: Yes this chapter is kind of a ramble. I'm trying my best to do everything I can to make these chapters interesting. It's not much but at least there is something for all of you to enjoy. What are your guys' thoughts on this chapter? What would you like me to write for the next chapter? If you have any suggestions, let me know. I really want your opinions on what I should write for some of the chapters.

Happy reading

Sammi

Word count: 1856 of 50,000

Total word count: 24,257 of 50,000

Your view of life was different from everyone you met. It changed with every moment you breathed, talked or did something that could impact your mentality. One perspective of a life event differs from another. It was one thing that always puzzled you no matter how you saw it.

It had already been a full year since you had come to Duel Academy. Alexis said to Syrus, "I can't believe that it has been a year already..." Syrus nods in agreement, "It would feel weird if Y/N wasn't here." Jaden snickers, "You're just saying that because she's your cousin, Sy." Syrus protests in disagreement, "That's not true! We're all close to each other! Right Zane?" Zane rubs his temples, "Don't drag me into this, Syrus..." You were not with everyone else. Atticus however, was with his sister and his own friends. Alexis shudders slightly, "Y/N is scary when she gets angry." Zane smiles to himself, "Although, all of us mistook her emotions for something else in some way." Atticus replies with honesty, "Y/N was something alright. She made me speechless the moment I saw her." Alexis facepalms, "You're her boyfriend...of course you'd say something like that.." Everyone laughs at Atticus's attempt of reminiscing.

Meanwhile, you were wondering where everyone had gone. You mutter, "This is starting to get annoying." Crystalia replies, "I think I saw Jesse somewhere around here. I think that he was walking back to his dorm." You reply blankly, "That doesn't exactly help me, Crystalia. I'll have to look for him unless he decides to come find me instead." You add, "I also feel like someone is talking about me." Lyria comments kindly, "I'm sure that it can't be anything bad, Y/N. I have a feeling that your friends care deeply for you. Atticus is also included in your nonexistent equation." You ask, "What equation? When did you bring out your statistical side?" Lyria facepalms, "Just forget that I even mentioned that..." You begin to laugh, "I'm only joking, Lyria. I just wanted to see your reaction to what I said." You add quietly, "Can you believe that it has been a year since I came here?" Lyria nods, "Yes, I can believe it. You've built relationships with your classmates and you've also been fortunate to have met Atticus as well." You nod, "Yeah, Atticus did make things a lot easier." You began to think of the many memories you created within the time that served you.

There was a lot that you didn't think about. The memories that laid dormant in your heart were being buried by the new ones that were created so abruptly. You didn't realize how much of an impact it made on your mentality and on how it made you really feel. The pain from the past was still there. However, that same pain was slowly subsiding from your aching heart. That pain was still evident at times but you knew that life would attempt to cover those scars. These scars forever haunted your heart. They were the scars you hadn't told anyone about. The scars of a dark time created a foreign crater inside of your heart.

Many memories could be erased, others would be burned into the mind. Humans retained parts of those memories in many ways. Humans and spirits are alike in that way. You however, couldn't comprehend the burning agony that lingers inside of you. Was that the pain from almost losing Atticus? Or was it the pain from the torturous past you were trying so desperately to forget? Did you really feel this way? Those were all the questions that spun inside your mind.