chapter 2: lose your mind

"Get your ass up

"Get your ass up."

I flipped over with a groan, grabbing my pillow to cover my face with it. I felt my blanket be yanked away from my body, causing a chill to travel my entire body. I groaned again, tighten my grip on my pillow. But that didn't stop her from yanking it out of my grip.

"Lucy, leave me alone." I groaned out, lifting my shirt up a little to cover my face."I don't have class today." I mumbled.

"First of all," Lucy scoffed, pulling on my shirt. I frowned, sending her a glare as my eyes met hers."It's twelve. If I were waking you up for your class, you'd be late. Really late."

"Whatever." I muttered, not caring for whatever she had to say. I closed my eyes, deciding to deal with sleeping without a pillow or a blanket.

"I have a lunch date with Lauren." I opened my eyes, my eyebrows furrowing with confusion as I looked at her questionably. She nodded, a smile on her lips as she said,"Now, get up."

"What? It's your date, with Lauren." I muttered under my breath, scoffing after before I added,"Why do I have to go? Third wheeling isn't my thing." I huffed, flipping over to give her my back.

She walked around my bed to look at me, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Lauren's friend is going to be there," I quirked my eyebrow, my mind going back the brown eyed Latina. "I think she wants you to go to accompany her. So you have to come."

"Sucks to suck, I'm not going." I flipped over again, giving her my back. When she walked around my bed once again, I groaned loudly and laid on my back to stare at my ceiling.

"Why are you even getting so upset? You seemed to have liked talking to her the other day." She said, huffing as I crossed my arms, still staring at the ceiling. She used my pillow to hit me, earning a glare from me."Get your ass up. Be ready in ten, or I swear to god I will dress you myself."

I furrowed my eyebrows, sending her a weird look. She rolled her eyes before throwing my pillow and blanket at me, exiting my bedroom after. I sat up, frowning as the thought of my best friend going on a date with the girl I like. And what was I suppose to say? "No, don't go on the date. Because I like her."

This is the first time Lucy has shown interest in a girl, a genuinely nice and amazing girl since her last relationship. And I know Lauren is genuine, nice and amazing because...because she's Lauren. I've spoken to her, heard her speak and everything she says just makes so much sense and-

I shook my head, moving my blanket and pillow off my lap before I got off my bed. Instead of obsessing over the girl my best friend has a date with, (which is also a girl I want to take on a date) I should be getting ready. With a groan, I got up and began to get dressed.

****

"Do you have to wear all black?"

I looked at her, my hands tucked into my hoodie's pockets and my hood over my head. With a glare, I answered her question."Yes. Because not only does it perfectly describe how I feel, it also shows how I see the world." I huffed, shaking my head.