The Worst Match Up

Start from the beginning

"Challenging me knowing the Uchiha name... Frankly, you're a fool. You're about to learn... What that name means, Bushy-Brows," Sasuke stated darkly, narrowing his eyes dangerously at Lee.

"Please do," Lee said as a small bead of sweat slid down the side of his face, ready to begin. He was nervous but excited. 'I am lucky... I get to fight the #1 rookie this early. And I'll prove myself to you, Guy-sensei,' he thought determinedly.

"Wait!" Naruto said abruptly before they could get started, stepping forward. "I'll take care of Bushy-Brows. Just give me five minutes," he told his teammates, seriously pissed that everyone kept underestimating him.

'Hello, misdirected anger!' April thought wryly, sweat-dropping. Was Naruto even looking at his opponent? This guy clearly wasn't an ordinary genin.

"The one I wish to fight is not you, but Uchiha," Lee replied calmly, furrowing his brow.

"No, you shouldn't be fighting anyone," April said dismissively with a wave of her hand. "I like a good fight as much as anyone, but we don't have time for—" Unfortunately, Naruto was already beyond reasoning with.

"Damn it!!" he roared furiously as he recklessly charged at the bug-eyed freak, head on.

'And there he goes...' April thought, chagrined. Why couldn't he just listen for once?

"I'm sick of hearing about Sasuke!!!" Naruto yelled as he trust his fist out in straight punch at Bushy-Brow's face. Before Naruto even knew what was happening, his attack had already been redirected and he was falling towards the floor. April narrowed her eyes slightly a she watched. "!!" Naruto gasped in surprise and caught himself just in time, lashing out at Lee with a kick from below.

"Leaf Whirlwind!!!" Lee bellowed as, in one swift and fluid motion, he ducked and swept his own leg along the ground as he spun around a full 360°, knocking Naruto flat on his back with enough momentum to send him spinning into the wall behind them with a crash. It was an instant K.O.

'So he is strong...' Sakura thought as Sasuke frowned, surprised.

'That went about as well as expected...' April thought, sweat-dropping. Oh well, at least Naruto hadn't taken any serious damage. Knowing him, he'd be up and raring to go again after two or three minutes.

"I'll say this, you cannot defeat me," Lee declared seriously as he straightened up and resumed a proper stance again. "Because... Right now, I am the strongest Leaf genin."

'His speed looks like it's on par with April's, and he stopped my kick with his hand... That wasn't human. I don't know what kind of ninjutsu he used, but...' Sasuke thought, smirking, as bead of sweat slid down the side of his face. Things were starting to get interesting. "Sounds fun. I'll do it," he said, deciding to accept Bushy-Brow's challenge.

"Hold it!" April said, deciding it was time to put her foot down. "I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities to fight later, but now's not the time."

"She's right, Sasuke!" Sakura agreed after a quick glance at the clock on the wall. "We only have thirty minutes to the meeting," she said anxiously.

"I'll be done in five minutes," Sasuke said confidently as he charged at Lee.

"Sasuke-kun!" Sakura yelled.

'Idiots... I'm surrounded by idiots,' April thought, deadpanning. Just for that, she hoped he beat Sasuke, too. It'd be a good lesson for him to learn not to underestimate his opponents so much before things got serious.

'He is coming!' Lee thought, sweating nervously. Now was the moment of truth. 'I am sorry, Guy-sensei...' he thought as he started to move. 'I may need to break your rules... I may need to use that move...!' he thought as he dodged Sasuke's first attack.