Chapter 25: Confronting Ron

Magsimula sa umpisa

"No I'm not! He's flat-out ignoring me, Aud."

"Did you talk to him?" Audrey asks, already knowing the answer.

"Well, no..."

"Then you don't even know what's wrong."

There's a small silence between us, neither one of us daring to speak a word. Finally, Audrey sighs.

"And Mrs. Weasley wants to know how you're feeling."

I might have just lied to the Weasleys. I don't want to talk about this, and at the moment I don't want to leave my room. I told Mrs. Weasley I had the stomach flu, and she believed me. Well, I doubt she actually did. She could always tell when someone's lying. She probably just went along with it.

"Tell her I'm fine, and that I'll be down for dinner," I reply. Audrey just nods her head, slightly annoyed at my behavior, and walks out of my room, quietly closing the door behind her.

And truthfully, I don't blame her. If this was the other way around with Draco, I'd be pissed, too. I mean, seriously, I don't even know what's wrong, yet I'm locking myself in my room, moping about how horrible my life is.

I lay my head back down on my pillow, sighing. The paranoia is getting to me, truthfully. I wish everything with Ron acting strange could just go away. Everything was going along fine, I think. And now Ron's being, well, Ron.

Or is it me that has changed?

That thought flashes continuously in front of my eyes. It's horrible to think about, but could it be true? I mean, no one is the same person that they were years again, but have I changed that drastically?

Is everything just going to fall down around me?

This new inquiry really bothers me. Everything was stable, peaceful, and calm. But now? I have no clue. My emotions are on a rollercoaster right now that is spirally dramatically out of control. Or picture riding a dragon through the Dark Forrest at night, and having no way to control it.

It's horrifying.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

No. There's never anything I can do to fix things. Ever. Everything in this world is too complicated for one person to fix. Nothing is in my control, ever. In all honesty, no one ever has complete control over anything.

And it sucks.

I'm pulled away from thoughts by a loud knocking on my door. I get up off my bed, going to open it, but all of a sudden it bursts open, and two sets of feet come barging in, stomping their way over to me. All I see is flashes of bright red hair before getting tackled onto my bed.

"SHE'S ALIVE!" Fred yells dramatically.

"WE THOUGHT WE LOST YOU!" George cries out.