Chapter 6: The Plan

"Fred! George! Lee! I'm gonna go meet Ginny and Hermione! Be back soon!" I yell over the crowd, walking out of Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes.

I hear them yell something back, so I'll just take that as an "okay."

I go right towards the downtown area, where I told Ginny and Hermione I'd meet them.

"Hey!" I greet them, giving each of them a hug.

"Let's go!" Ginny says, grabbing both of our hands and leading us down some other streets.

"Where are we going?" I finally ask.

"This diner place that Ginny and Harry went to last week," Hermione explains, just as we arrive outside Warwick's Diner.

We get seated and order out Butterbeers, and start catching up.

"So Gin," I start, taking a sip of my Butterbeer. "How're things with you and Harry?"

"Great, actually!" she smiles. "After the war and everything, we can finally be together, you know?"

"That's good. What about you and Fred, Hermione?"

Ginny makes a gagging face, but Hermione just smiles. "I dunno, like whattya wanna know?" she asks, a small blush on her cheeks.

"Like how did it happen?"

She laughs. "Well, a couple of months ago I came out of this bad breakup with this Muggle, Mark. I decided to tell him, since we were going out for a year and a half, that I was a witch. And... well he didn't take it that great, and he broke up with me, so I had to use Obliviate on him so he wouldn't remember what I had told him."

"I'm sorry," I say sympathetically. 

"It's okay. It led to something good, though," she grins. "After I came home crying later that day, it was just Fred, surprisingly, home in the sitting room. He asked me what was wrong, so I told him, and after that everything was just... good, I guess." 

"So how long have you been officially going out?" I ask, glancing down at my menu.

"What has it been, Ginny? Almost a month?" Hermione asks.

"Yeah, about that," Ginny responds.

"Just the waffles with vanilla ice cream, please," I tell the waiter.

"A'right ma'am. And you two?" the man, with a nametag saying Ralph, says.

"Same," they both echo. He nods and walks off.

"Am I right to hate Verity?" I sigh.

They turn and look at me like I'm crazy. "Obviously not. She took Ron from you," Ginny says.

"But did she? I mean, I left and all," I reply quietly.

"Yeah but she's the reason you left," Hermione says matter-of-factly.

"If you think about it, though, they wouldn't be together if I didn't leave. And how long did it take for them to get together, anyways?" The waiter walks by and levitates our waffles onto the tables.

"I dunno. I think four months or so," Ginny shrugs.

"You might not want to hear the other part," Hermione adds.

"And that is?"

"The two of them were, uh, more then friends before they actually starting going out. About a month after you left, me and Ginny caught them snogging-"

I choke on my Butterbeer, attracting the attention of some nearby tables. But I don't care anymore. "It took him only a month to get over me!" I ask angrily. "Did he even love me at all!"