Chapter 25: Confronting Ron

Sarah's Point of View

~*~*~*~

In the days to follow everyone's return home, I've noticed that Ron's behavior still hasn't changed. For lack of a better phrase, Ron was just being plain awkward around me, which is something that actually scared me.

I've learned to always assume the worst in every situation. No matter what the situation is, try not to hope for anything good. From small things to big things, always assume the end result is going to suck.

Always assume that when someone doesn't write you back during the time of war, they've been captured. Or if you are waiting in an infirmary after falling badly on your wrist, that it's broken.

In this situation, I assume that the ignoring me and the silence is going to result in something bad and horrid, because that's just how life is.

I was currently sitting in my room, pondering why Ron is being weird. It's Ron, so you never know with him. But this level of awkwardness is even too much for him; it makes me question everything that has happened prior to the odd behavior.

Was it something I said? Something I did?

These thoughts raced through my head. They'd distract me from doing everything. I tried to busy myself with tasks, like washing the dishes, cleaning my room, and de-gnoming the garden, but nothing seems to distract me from thinking about this.

Audrey, Hermione, and Ginny have been trying to keep my mind off it, but they can't. I told them not to talk to Ron or any of the other boys about it, because that'll just make things worse.

I'm pulled away from my thoughts when a knock sounds from my door. Without even glancing up, I mumble a barely audible "Come in."

"You okay?"

My bed shifts as Audrey sits down at the edge. I nod my head, which must have looked awkward from her position, seeing as I was face-down in a pillow.

"Why is it that I don't believe you?" Audrey now asks, shaking me slightly so I'll move.

"I'm tired," I say.

Honestly, I'm not lying. Physically, I'm tired from staying up until the late hours of the night thinking about this. Mentally, I'm tired of thinking about it. Of Ron's sneaking around. Of everyone else's hesitancy to talk to him.

It all sucks.

"Please move," Audrey sighs. "You've been laying in your room for three hours like this."

"Time flies when you're having fun," I mumble sarcastically.

She rolls her eyes. "Tell me what's wrong."

"You know what's wrong!" I yell slightly, flopping over so I'm now sitting up, leaning against my head board.

"You're overreacting!" she defends.