Chapter 15: People Come, People Go...

Wow… Fail, much?

So I just realized something… I have had this chapter written up for a good two days, yet I never posted it… I’m a spaz, eh?

Anyways, I hope you enjoy :)

____

Sarah’s Point of View

~*~*~*

“Bye Jason!” I yell to him one last time as he steps into McGonagall’s fireplace.

He waves, blows a kiss, and throws a handful of Floo powder onto the ground. A ball of green flames engulfs him, and after they die down, I can see that he’s not there anymore.

I sigh; grab my wand off of McGonagall’s desk, and head out, going back to my dorm.

There’s nothing to do anymore. Fred and George haven’t been around. Hermione is with Fred, and Angelina Johnson—from the Quidditch team years ago—is with George. Harry has been with Ginny, who is now in the Quidditch season with the Holyhead Harpies. They’re somewhere in Bulgaria now. Jason just left to go back to America, because he’s now studying cross-breeds of dragons.

Did I mention? Over the last couple of months, Jason’s been working as a dragon ‘herder’. He’s being mentored by Charlie Weasley, too. It’s good, I suppose, but I never get to hear from him much anymore.

That leaves only Ron and Draco here.  I’ve been doing double the amount of seminars to compensate for Fred, George, Harry, and Hermione. I do about four to five a day, depending on the day.

And speaking of not hearing from people, I haven’t heard anything from or about Jess in years. I’ve been worried about her lately, especially since I don’t have as many distractions from anyone else.

I’m pulled away from my thoughts when there’s a knock at my door. It’s Draco.

”Hey, Draco,” I greet him with a smile.

”Hey, love,” he smiles, walking into my room.

”So what brings you over here?” I ask.

”Boredom,” he sighs. “No one’s here to talk to.”

”Glad to see I’m of assistance to you,” I grin.

He grins back. “It’s not the only reason I came here,” he shrugs.

I nod for him to continue. “And…?”

“McGonagall needs you in her office.”

I groan. “Ugh, I was just there!” I throw my hands up in exasperation. “Her office is far from here…” I sigh.

He laughs, pulling me up from my bed. “I’ll take a walk with you…”

“How’re things with Astoria?” I ask as we continue to walk.

”She’s… alright,” he sighs.

”What’s wrong?” I ask, stopping short. He seems surprised that I stopped, but nonetheless stops with me.

“Nothing,” he shrugs, but I don’t believe it for a second.

“Then why’re you all bleh about this?” I inquire.

”I just- things didn’t work out.”

“And why is that?” I question further.

”She… moved on,” he mumbles.