Chapter 24: Being Back Home

Sarah’s Point Of View

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The identical pairs of footsteps from two redheads accompanied by yet another redhead, and finally the brunette with the bushy brown hair. All of the three make my heart leap with joy and my stomach do back flips.

”’Ello, Love,” Fred finally says, bowing for dramatic effect.

“We’ve missed our Beautiful girl,” George adds, stepping in sync with his twin as they pull me into big hugs.

”Geez, guys, share her!” Ginny laughs, pushing them out of the way and tackling me into a hug, causing me to stumble back a few steps.

“Everyone calm down!” Hermione yells, her face serious. “I never got a chance to say ‘hi’ to my best friend yet!” she now says, running and pulling me into a tight hug. She doesn’t let go for a while, and neither do I. No matter how many people I become friends with, no friend will ever be as close to me as Hermione is to me. She was, for the most part, my first ever friend. That’s a bond that could never be broken, no matter the distance or the lack of talking.

Finally, she pulls away, giving me my cue to speak. “What are you guys doing here?” I inquire.

”We couldn’t miss the first memorial for the Battle of Hogwarts, duh,” Fred says, rolling his eyes. I hit his shoulder.

“I didn’t think you were going to come, though! Aren’t you two supposed to be in some other country? And Ginny, you have Holyhead Harpies practice like every day! You’re on a professional team now, Gin! You should be there, not here! What if-“

“Sarah, relax,” Ginny chuckles. “They gave me off. And if you haven’t noticed, the season’s almost over. Besides, they understood why I had to be here.”

I relaxed some. “Are you sure it’s okay? How long are you staying for?” I ask.

“Until next season’s training starts,” she says, smiling. “So, until next fall-ish, I’ll be here, with you!” she says happily.

As much as I want to be mad at her for leaving us, I can’t be. She could possibly be ruining her Quidditch career, but quite honestly, I don’t care. Hermione and the twins seem to be staying for some time, and now Ginny? How much better could life be?

My family’s back.

“And what about you guys?” I ask hopefully, turning to the twins and Hermione.

“Well,” Hermione says uncertainly, facing the boys.

“We have already set up the new shop,” Fred starts.

“And it’s up and running,” George continues.

“So I guess we’ll be back forever,” Fred concludes, smiling.

I grin, not even trying to hide it. Everything’s falling into place; family’s back, friends are here, everything’s perfect.

“Forever and ever and ever and ever?” I ask, sounding like a child.

“And ever and ever,” Fred and George chorus together.

I smile; everyone is right where they need to be…