Chapter 30: I'm Going Insane Because Of You

Start from the beginning

It felt so sincere..

So pure..

“Ye-yeah..” I whispered.

“Thank you!” Then he hugged me.

“Wo-woah! Let go!” I said trying to push him away then he hugged me tighter.

“Shh.” He whispered in my ear that it made me blushed like crazy! My heart’s pounding like crazy and my body’s shaking!

He finally let go then lied down on the bench.

“I guess you’re not that cold huh?” I smiled.

“I’m just like that because of my mom.” The moment became cold.

“Your mom?” I asked.

“She wants me to become a pastry chef even though I never wanted to at first. But long after sometime, it became enjoying.” He explained.

“So, what’s the problem then?” I asked while looking at him.

He sighed at first.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to answer it you know.” I turned to look at the view in front of us.

“I lack feelings.” He answered.

I didn’t respond and waited more for his answer.

“Whenever I bake, the outcome lacks the feelings the dessert was supposed to have.”

“Then how come the chocolate mousse-”

“I felt depressed at that time for being bitter over love. I wanted to have another chance to feel that again.” He smiled turning to look at me.

I turned to look at him.

I could see so much sparks yet I know I can’t have him.

“Me too.” I whispered smiling at him.

Because I know at the end,

“Lauren?” He looked at me with a worried look.

I’ll just get hurt.

“Lauren!” That was the last thing I heard before everything became pitched black.

◘♣ CHACE SMITH'S POV ♣◘ 

“Lauren!” I called her three or four times but she wasn’t moving.

She collapsed on my lap suddenly and when I touched her head, it was freaking hot!

She was sick. I can’t believe it.

She tried to endure all that pain all day? Why didn’t she just rest? This girl is so stupid.

But, she won’t be my Lauren Finn if she just took a day off.

I slid my arm behind her back and the other arm behind her legs then started carrying her down to the infirmary.

People were looking at us as I go down the stairs to the next building where the infirmary is located.

This girl is so stubborn.

She tries so hard even if I insult her or even when I try to teach her a lesson, she ignores me and go do her thing. I hate it when she ignores me. I hate it when she does something without even thinking because I hate the fact she always think about others than herself. She makes other smile when she’s hurting like crazy. But..

That’s one of the things I love about her.

I really hate myself for falling hard for this stupid girl. What’s crazier is that I fell for her in first sight! It wasn’t about the looks, but she just felt so right and addicting.