Seeing old friends

"Hey Danny," Sam waved at him with Tucker standing next to her as Danny walked in to Gotham academy.

"Hey guys," Danny said tiredly and walked to them.

"Dude, you look like you died," Tucker looked at Danny.

He internally laughed but kept it in.

"Just didn't get that much sleep last night," he told them.

Not a total lie.

"Do you want to hang out today?" Sam asked her best friends.

"Sorry, I'm visiting some friends tonight, I haven't seen them in a while," Danny said with a small smile.

"Dude, you never let us hang out at your place or talk about your family except your bother, which you barely talk about now," Tucker said confused.

"Guys it's nothing, I just don't want to talk about them, and don't worry me and dick aren't mad at each other, we're just busy," Danny rubbed his neck.

"What about your parents? Never said a word about them," Sam crossed her arms.

Danny stood there and flash backs flooded his mind.

The crack of his birth parents bodies hitting the ground.

The three gun shots of his adoptive family being shot in the head by agents.

Watching batman get shot five years ago and thought he died.

"Danny? Danny!" Sam said annoyed and snapped her fingers in his face.

"What?" Danny shook his head and looked at her.

"You never answered our question, why don't you talk about your parents? Is something happening at home?" Sam asked annoyed and worried.

"What no! Me and Bruce are fine," Danny looked at her with wide eyes.

"And who's Bruce?!" She raised her voice a little.

"He's my dad," Danny looked at her and kept walking but a little faster.

"Sam, just drop the topic please," Danny told her as she and Tucker caught up with him.

"But is your dad hurting you? Danny I see those bruises on your arms so don't lie," Sam crossed her arms.

"He would never hurt me," Danny said quietly.

Bruce saved him a bunch of times, he saved him from the guys in white! He's given him a home and a father figure.

"Sam, I wouldn't push," Tucker put a hand on her shoulder.

"Sorry Danny," she mumbled.

At the last hour of school Danny couldn't stop staring at the clock and was tapping his foot.

"Danny are you okay?" Valerie asked him who was next to him in their history class.

As phantom he kinda... Made her dad loose his job... It wasn't his fault but yet it sort of was.

But now Valerie wasn't part of the A listers and her and Danny where friends.

But also she's now the red huntress and goes solo helping Gotham and also trying to get revenge for phantom ruining her life.

"Just excited Val, after school I get to go see some friends," Danny smiled at her.

"Who?" She asked as they looked back at the teacher.

"Wally and Artemis, I go over and say hi once in a while, but since they're older now it's kinda hard to stay in touch, wallys like a brother and Artemis is like a protective sister," he snickered a little.

"Cool," Valerie smiled a little too then the bell rung and Danny was out of there in a flash.

"Later Fenton," she rolled her eyes and went to her apartment that she shared with her dad.

-------------------

Knock knock knock

"Coming," a woman yelled.

Artemis hasn't changed a lot except her hair was shorter and right below her shoulders.

"Hey arty," Danny smiled as she opened the door.

"Long time no see lil man," Wally came up behind Artemis and put his arm around her shoulders.

Yes... They finally got together five years ago!!

"Just seeing how you guys are doing," Danny smirked.

"Come on in," Artemis let him come in.

-----------

"So your not joining the team why?" Wally laughed a little.

"I love the hero business and all but I just feel more comfortable with batman," Danny shrugged and petted the dog.

"I still can't believe how much you've grown up in five years Danny," Artemis ruffled his hair.

"I'm still a goofy kid," Danny smirked at her.

"Mischievous is more like it," she rolled her eyes making Wally snort a little.

"I should get going, I'll see you guys later, is nice seeing old friends," he hugged Wally and then Artemis.

"If you need to talk to someone just come over when ever Danny," Wally put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'll keep that in mind," he laughed and walked back outside and saw it was already night.

"Oh crap," Danny transformed to phantom and flew to patrol with his mentor.

"Your late," he landed behind batman.

"Got caught up with some old friends, lost track of time, sorry," phantom stood next to him.+

"Anything interesting tonight?" He asked in serious mode.

"Not yet, just keep an eye out," batman said and used his grappling hook and went building to building.

"You got it boss," Danny smiled a little as he put on his goggles and turned them to night vision and flew off to work with the dark knight.