Chapter 18: Bond Binded By Blood I

A/N: Awww guys, you make me cry! I love all your comments and reviews! I never expected you guys to love this story so much. THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE! And I would also like to apologize about the previous chapter. It was kind of rushed and chapter 16's title is too cliché. Also for this chapter, I'm sorry. It's so short but I had to do it this way to 'go with the flow' of the story. Hard to explain... but don't worry! The second part of this chapter will be up soon and I promise it's long.

Everything was once again a blur for Sakura. They had just been standing there, Sasuke holding a glare that could freeze hell but what happened next would have to be expected, right? The last thing Sakura could remember was Sasuke sending his chidori to his kusanagi who then charged at lightning speed. Both Uchiha looked like flashes with an untrained eye but Sakura and Sasori could both clearly see what they were doing.

Sasuke most definitely had the intent to kill. He didn't look like he's stopping any time soon and just focusing on his vision of Itachi laying on the cold ground covered in his own blood. His eyes held so much rage that it sent a pang in Sakura's heart as she watched for the first five minutes of Sasuke's long awaited fight. Suddenly, Sakura felt Sasori's grip on her tightening, though Sasori unknowingly did so. Sakura looked up at her brother and only noticed that his brows were knitted and his jaws visibly clenched as he watched the on-going fight, making no move to leave as Sakura had expected. She rarely sees her brother make this kind of worried expression. It was only on times where it concerns her... or if something goes out of his plans.

And Sakura felt her heart in her throat as her facial features changed to horror. "Onii-san... Could it be..?" Sakura gasped as she looked back at Sasuke and Itachi, still engrossed in the fight. She looked at Itachi and noticed that he looked calm as he dodged and countered Sasuke's attacks and just recently, the famed fire ball jutsu. Itachi's expression was neutral and stoic. He even appeared to look disinterested but that was in the perspective of those who knew him as the murderer of his own clan, the perspective of those who didn't know Itachi. Sakura wasn't any less different but she does know Itachi to an extent almost close to Sasori's and she just knew what's happening to Itachi right now.

Because inspite that facade he's showing right now, he's hurting. Right now, Sakura knows that it wasn't just emotional pain but physical pain as well and he was to be given a hundred awards for his acting skills because he's doing a great job in hiding he's pain right now, not that it went unnoticed by Sasori and Sakura. Sasori, for being his best friend and knowing him like he knows Sakura and Sakura for being a cunning medic nin. She could see it in his movements.

"What am I going to do?" Sakura furiously thought to herself as she bit her lips in utter worry. "If this goes on..." Sakura trailed in her thoughts.

Sasori seemed to have noticed Sakura's change of atmosphere and that's when he first really looked at Sakura since the start of the fight only to realize what's going on in her mind. This is why he dreaded telling her the truth back then. Truths actually. She was stubborn, very hard-headed and often ridiculous, and he knew that yet she still found out. He knew she would be thinking things as stubborn such as these.

"Onii-san-" 

"No, Sakura." He immediately said. He wouldn't wait for her to speak her thoughts about it and with one last worried look at the clashing brothers, he turned around. 

"Onii-san, wait! We can't leave them!" Sakura protested as she wiggled in his brothers grasp. "And what do you expect us to do, Sakura? Tell Sasuke the truth and risk everything Itachi did to hide it?" He spat. 

"I never understood Itachi but I understand Sasuke! This is hurting both of them and whatever happens, the result will be a dead body between the two of them and Onii-san right now, I can see who has the upper hand!" Sakura fought back.