Chapter 11: The Truth Unravels

The greatest shinobis of their generation gathered infront of the Hokage, who was looking as tense as ever but tried to cover it with her forced calm facade. Uneasiness was evident among the Konoha 10. They knew something was up. Something big is about to happen. They had the usual feeling right before going on an S-Ranked Mission, when you're about to face your opponent. That's what they all felt, but they had no idea who or what the opponent is. Or if there is one.

Naruto could see in his peripheral vision the way Hinata seemed to squirm in the side. He noticed the way she looked around. She must have felt the tension and uneasiness twice. He thinks she always had. Hinata had always seemed to have a vision or something that would tell her when something was about to go wrong or something was about to happen. Situations like this, where they're inside their beloved village, surrounded by thousands of civillians and great shinobis Konoha produced, he didn't sense any danger.

Ino stood her ground, looking firm and as if expecting the Hokage to spill out what she wanted. That was true though. She had a feeling that when an Anbu appeared outside her window requesting her presence in the Hokage's Tower along with the other Konoha 10, that Tsunade would finally reveal to them the truth about Sakura. Ino almost let her other side, the one who had been crying for Sakura ever since she overheard Naruto and Tsunade, over power her. Her brows furrowed and she almost sobbed. She stopped herself. She didn't dare to be weak infront of all of them, especially now that they were about to hear the truth, the whole truth she'd been trying so hard to figure out.

A knock resounded around the room and startled the shinobis inside. They had been into the depths of their thoughts and didn't even realize someone else's presence. Sai came in holding a scroll he just retrieved from his most recent mission. As he gave the scroll to Tsunade and gave a short briefing, he looked around the room and gave off his usual fake smile. "You are part of this meeting too." Tsunade said. 

A few more minutes passed and Tsunade still made no effort to speak as she just signed on a pile of papers in her desk. Shizune came and took the few papers that were finished and went back out.

"What are we waiting for, Tsunade-sama?" TenTen asked as she kept her kunai she's been playing in her right hand for the last 10 minutes. Konoha 10 was already complete, she didn't see why Tsunade still prolonged the lingering tension and uneasiness in the air. Tsunade didn't have to speak as four shinobis appeared in a puff of smoke.

"Pardon our tardiness, Hokage-sama. There was a small problem." Kurenai bowed and then eyed the gray-haired copy ninja behind her who sheepishly smiled. "Kakashi always visits that grave every time, doesn't he?" Asuma said. "So, I see the youthful shinobis have gathered around. What a youthful day to be together!" Gai exclaimed grinning wide. Naruto noticed how even Gai and Lee seemed to have sensed the drastic tension in the atmosphere. Lee gave a small comment concerning the youthfulness of their generation before Tsunade shifted in her seat, now leaning back with both her arms hanging in the arm rest and her legs crossed. She eyed every shinobi in the room. 

"Baa-chan, come on already." Naruto said.

Tsunade exhaled. "I called you all here today to discuss a very, very important and top secret discussion concerning... Haruno Sakura." 

Gasps could be heard around the room as the name echoed. Ino bit her lip. Finally, she thought.

Kakashi's eyes widened and he looked at Naruto, fearing he would throw an outburst but instead, the Kyuubi container didn't meet his expectations and just stood there with brows furrowed and clenched fists. One very intriguing, shocking and unusal sight to see. He had expected Naruto to react rashly like he usually did, especially since it's concerning Sakura, but now he forced himself to just stay calm He also noticed Hinata and Neji looking away, as if they already knew. They've encountered her, he thought. The others had pure and utter shock, clearly evident on their faces like a mud in a clean white shirt. He looked back at Naruto and realized his fists were shaking now and a small trail of blood trickled down his fists. "Naruto." He softly whispered. He was more unstable and affected than he thought, but he still tried to remain calm. He had been waiting for the truth from Tsunade for awhile already and now, they're all finally going to find out.