Chapter 1: Prologue

Author's Note: The story gets better. I promise. :)

This is first set in the time Sasuke left Konoha, the battle between him and Naruto on the outskirts of Konoha, with a twist. This is more like a recap on what happened to continue on with the story.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO OR ANY OF THE CHARACTERS.

Sakura ran as fast as she could, pumping chakras onto her feet, jumping off branches, after branches. "Just a little more... I can make it!" She screamed inside her head. Right at this moment, her two precious persons are fighting in the Valley of the End. She could no longer feel her feet as they leaped, it felt like all her strength is at their limit. "No! A shinobi can't feel this weak... or is it me who's actually as weak as this. Getting worn out from running only a thousand miles." She lowered her head, feeling ashamed of herself.

She shook her head. "No! This isn't a time for me thinking about this. Naruto and Sasuke are..." Tears formed in her eyes and fell on her running wake. On her way here, she met up with Neji, Shikamaru and those others sent to retrieve Sasuke. She tried to help but they all told her move forward and help Naruto and she had reluctantly agreed.

What they said to her kept ringing inside her head, but the most was of Neji's. When she reached where Neji was, she almost got killed, but Neji took the hit aimed at Sakura by the spider guy.

Neji was facing her as they both stumbled down the ground.

"Neji-san!" Sakura gasped as she saw blood coming out from his mouth and dropped on her cheek. Neji 'acked' as the pain on his lower back spread on. Sakura immediately helped him up, careful not to further inflict injury in his wound. They went up in a tree branch a good away distance from the shinobi. "Neji, your wound!" Sakura gasped again as she tried to tend to the Hyuuga's wound, but was stopped by Neji as he held her arm. He looked at Sakura with determination and said in between gasps, "Find those two idiots but remember that the battle is theirs. Make your move when Sasuke is at his limit and then you can over power him. Bring him back to his senses." There was so much determination in his words that she actually believed she could over power Sasuke.

"But Neji, what about you? You're badly bleeding!" Sakura said. "I know my weaknesses. I'll be alright. Just make sure you take that Uchiha back. His eyes-" Neji's sentence was interrupted as the pain from his wound triggered again and he felt a strong chakra coming their way. "Run, Sakura!" He yelled as he pushed her away.

"What's in his eyes?" Sakura asked stumbling down in the ground. Neji looked at her one last time with a small genuine smile that if she wasn't looking clearly, she would've missed it. Then, Neji mouthed something Sakura couldn't make out.

Before she knew it, there was a loud 'boom' and she looked at Neji one last time as she continued on the run to save her teammates.

"What was it?" Sakura whispered to herself quietly, then with a determined face, she increased her speed faster than it already is.

Soon, her previously unknown destination came into view, greeting her with a horrible sight. Naruto and Sasuke, her two precious teammates on different sides, glaring at each other on their demonic forms, ready to kill each other.

Her speed increased again. "Naruto, Sasuke, stop!" She yelled as she was getting closer to them, but her voice was unheard as both Naruto and Sasuke were too engulfed in their fight. Then, Naruto performed a hand-sign as Sasuke did the same. Sakura knew that all too well - Chidori and Rasenggan. For a moment, everything slowed down and everything was white except for the three of them. Naruto and Sasuke charging at each other and Sakura running towards them with great tears in her eyes.