- "if they matter enough, you just do" -

Start from the beginning

Peter glanced at the paper, and from the angle his head was tilted, Elenora could really see the bags under his eyes that had been collecting.

In response to the question, Peter just shrugged.

Tony knew something was wrong when Peter texted-not even called- to cancel his training with Natasha; he knew something was really wrong when Peter didn't tell him about it. And he knew something horrid was going on when Elenora rushed through the compound doors, puzzled.

"Mr.Stark-" she started, something she had picked up from Peter over the last couple of months.

At first the voice didn't connect in his mind and Tony thought it was Parker and whirled around almost instantly. When he saw Elenora by herself, he tried not to look disappointed.

"Hey, Elenora," he greeted, leaning away from the kitchen counter and squeezing his eyes shut. Where the hell was Peter Parker? "Was Peter at  school with you today?"

Elenora frowned, knowing then that Tony knew nothing more than her. "He was. But only half of him. Well, not physically half- he was fully physically there, but her wasn't there mentally, ya know? His attention wasn't there. It was like he was thinking of something-or somewhere, maybe even someone- the entire day. And he seemed upset and I just don't wanna-"

"I got it, kid," he stated suddenly, turning towards the fridge as though suddenly everything made sense, leaving Elenora completely baffled.

"Mr.Stark?"she started, readying to throw questions at him.

He brushed it off, secretively. "You have training, Elenora,  shouldn't you be going?"

"But-"

Stark interrupted her-something he'd never done before. "I think Clint's waiting for you."

Elenora was positive that Tony was keeping from her. In an attempt to pressure the information from him, Elenora made the daring choice to stand her ground and stare.

On any other given day and to any other person, this event would've made Stark laugh and applaud Elenora for her determination, but this time, he wasn't having it.

"Go, Elenora."

And so Elenora did- go that is. She marched herself straight down a training room where Clint was waiting, dissapionted that neither of her fathers were there. When Clint heard the stopping, his chewing stopped, and he pulled away an apple. He watched the concerned look on her face, and pulled one of his own. "Elenora, are you-"

"Bucky," she said, knowing he wasn't there. Her eyes met Clint's. "Where's Bucky? I need Buck-"

"I think he's in the lab with Bruce," Clint reassured her, but it only riled Elenora up more; now, she was sprinting towards the door, and making her way to the Lab. Clint was quick to catch up, but not quick enough to make the elevator's close.

"Bucky!" She called, repeatedly until she had finally rounded the corner to see a very anxious  Bucky.

"Kid, what's wrong?" Bucky questioned, reaching for her shoulders.

"I-I need to go to Parker's house," she told him, not making eye contact. "I can run-it's just, I didn't want to just leave-"

"Slow your roll, Doll," he eased, holding up his hand to settle her. "Why do you have to go to Peter's?"

"Cause, cause- I gotta-"

"Elenora, sweetheart, if you don't calm down, I can't help you kiddo," he explained rationally. Seeing Elenora in such distress was worrying him, but he was trying to keep a cool head.