DANCE WITH ME.

yeah,i know you're supposed to enjoy a party.but the thing is like,i couldn't.

right now,i was sitting on a couch.doing nothing.with lots of people around me.busy partying.and loud music.busy helping people party.

"......stay away from me....."these words were still repeating in my head.and the pain that came along with it.the thought that maybe i........no.not again,Pearl!!

"what are you doing, girl?"Richard flopped down beside me.

"uhh....enjoying?"

"that's called bored-to-death and down-like-rain."Richard rolled his eyes."come on."

"where?"

"to dance.with me."He winked.

"but...."

"please?"he gave a smile this time.and i couldn't say no to that beautiful smile ,right?

and like,hello,this is a party.i wouldn't let Jeff ruin it for me.huh.And i am Pearl Dawns.noone can make me be like...like...THIS.

i took Richard's hand that he had given me.

i smiled.

"but you should know,i am not that good at dancing." i murmured as he pulled me close.

"just dance.with me."

i nodded and started dancing.or whatever that can be called.because he swirled me in and out and then,did ballroom kind of dancing and all kinds and before i even realized,i was actually having fun and laughing.

i smelled him in.

cologne.

different from Jeff's strawberry and mint smell.

and that's when he entered.Jeff.i think he had been standing there for quite some time already.but i....we hadn't noticed him.till now.

"Sarah's calling you.in the kitchen.to prepare the food." and that's when i drew back from Richard.

"but i can't just leave Pearl in the middle of a dance right?the song's still playing."

"Sarah says it's important.and the cooking part was your job,you know that.the decorations were mine.and i'm not that good at anything related to food.so,either you go or the guests will leave hungry."

"okay....fine.i' m sorry,Pearl.i....."

"it's okay.i will take over."

for a moment,both Richard and Jeff were looking at me,standing still.none of them moving.Richard was still holding my hands.and suddenly,the grip was a bit tighter.

"ouch."i winced.the bruise hadn't still healed completely.

"sorry."Richard released them,finally.and slowly,went away with one last look at Jeff and a smile at me.and with no words.

Jeff stood in front of me."dance with me."he said.SO like himself.not a request or a question.just a statement.he slowly put my hands over his shoulders.then,he pulled me close.

"yes,the strawberry and mint smell that i know." i thought to myself and closed my eyes.

We started dancing.slowly.and when i opened my eyes and looked up at him,i realised that the song had already stopped some time ago.and we were the only one dancing.to a tune playing on his lips.others were busy partying.that tune he was humming....it sounded so familiar.so much familiar.but where have i heard it before....where......and when i looked up at him,he was already looking at me.

'......stay away from me.....'

i stopped moving and looked away.

and drew back.well,i tried to.

but his hold was tight.and it felt as if it said,"stay.not away,but with me".

"i'm sorry."

i looked up again.

he was running his fingers through his hair now,finally releasing me and was still looking directly at me.

there was kind of a sad,guilty,frustrated look in his chocolate-brown eyes.a look i was seeing there for the first time.

"it's just that....."

and that's when Richard came running to us,pushing through the crowd,a look in his eyes that i can't explain.......