Chapter 22

A/N - So I know I said this chapter would probably be out Monday or Tuesday . I also knwo that it is neither of those days . But this chapter is in celebration of All Time Low's newest song , THE RECKLESS AND THE BRAVE ! If you haven't heard it yet , lets just say the you'll never make it in our vicious little world ...

The tour bus rumbled into action as I dumped my bags in my bunk . Since Alex and I were two of the last people to get on the bus , we'd both gotten bunks on the bottom . In general terms , the bottom bunks weren't bed , but when you're on a moving bus and you lose balance , guess where do you think you'll fall ? Or if you're Jack and have a habit of falling out of bed every two seconds ?

I left my bags on my bunk , promising myself that I'd unpack dinner , then met the rest of the ATL gang in what they had christened the front lounge . The gang had separated themselves almost evenly onto the two sofas , leaving only Alex and Danny on the floor . I sat down beside my adoptive dad , who wrapped an arm around my shoulders , smiling .

“Alright , guys” Matt said , now that we were all here , “Welcome back to touring .”

A cheer erupted from the front lounge . Mob mentality made me join in .

“So , we aren't playing any shows tonight” Matt continued , “We'll be in Michigan by four , and we'll stopping at their radio station to do an interview . I was thinking Alex , Jack, Sam and Hazel could do that ? Then we're playing a gig tomorrow night , but no first night celebrations, because we're leaving almost straight after , got it ?”

“Sir , yes sir !” Vinny said , saluting . We laughed .

After that we all kind of went off into our own little worlds . Everyone , it seemed , had their own particular way of getting back into touring – Matt , for example , busied himself by decorating his bunk with various Mickey Mouse items .

“Yeah , it's kind of creepy” Rian whispered in my ear when he saw me looking , “We suspect he's going to grow up to be a pedophile .”

“Fuck off” Matt laughed when he heard him .

Jack sat in his bunk with a ball of blue-tac in one hand and a picture of him standing outside the Home Alone house in the other . He stared at the wall of his bunk , as if trying to figure out where to put it .

I sat in my bunk , watching everyone else decorate theirs with no idea what to do with mine .

“No photos or anything ?” Rian asked . I paused .

“Yes !” I shouted suddenly , I reached into one of my bags . A chunky half-filled photo album slid onto my lap , and I held it up to Rian triumphantly . He smiled .

“Is that your family ?” Rian asked . I nodded .

“My mum had this thing about documenting everything . Looking back , I'm glad she did . Come look .”

I flicked it open , and showed him the first photo of Steven and I in swimsuits by the beach . The sun was beaming down causing our eyes to de squinted , and sand stuck to our legs as if they were made of velcro . I must have been about five – and pouting because I didn't like photos . Well , actually , I didn't mind them , but Steven did , and I always tried to be as like him as I possibly could .

“You look so cute” Rian teased . I laughed .

“Shut up .”

Rian got up to finish arranging his bunk , leaving me to look through the photo album alone . It felt weird . I could remember when every single one of these had been taken , but I felt as if they happened again I would be reacting differently . I realised that I was different now . I had changed .