Chapter 19

Still on the balcony , a certain taxi pulling up caught my eye .

“Look !” I said , grabbing Pommie , who jumped at my sudden touch . “They're my friends , they're here ! Come on , I want you to meet them !”

I ran with Pommie towards the elevators , and pushed her inside , pressing the button for the ground floor .

“I don't say why I have to meet them” Pommie mumbled .

“Of course you do !” I told her , realising how hyper I was acting , and trying to calm myself down . “You're one of my best friends , and probably my favourite sister .”

Pommie smiled at me , and I hugged her . “What are you worried about anyway , that they might not like you ?”

She shrugged .

“They will . Trust me .”

“Hazel !”

I grinned as the elevator doors opened . “Emma !” I cried , hugging her .

“You liar !” She laughed , “You said you would meet us at the airport !”

“I know , I'm sorry” I said .

Emma rolled her glittery eyes , then shot me a smirk .

“It's so great to see you again .”

The rest of my old friends stood in the lobby too . Tashie , Darren and Sasha stood awkwardly by the leather couches , clutching their suitcases .

“Tashie !” I yelled , hugging her too . “Darren , Sasha , come here ! It's so good to see you guys , group hug !”

“Eww , no” Sasha said , drawing back . Tashie and Darren hugged me though , both squeezing me tightly .

“So Hazel” Darren said , wiggling his eyebrows , “What's it like living with a rock star ?”

“Yeah !”

“Tell us !”
“Please ?”

I was suddenly aware of Pommie again .

“In a second” I told them , “But first , I want you to meet my new sister , Pommie .”

I held my arm out and waved her over . She came over awkwardly , hanging her head as to hide her face with her hair . I put my arm around her shoulder and introduced her to everyone .

“Pommie , this is Darren , Tashie , Emma and Sasha , they're friends of mine from where I used to live .”

Pommie waved shyly .

“Hey” Darren said . His soft side erupted as he hugged Pommie tightly , before passing her on to Emma .

“I know , he squeezes” Emma apologised for her best friend , “I'm Emma . It's nice to meet you , Pommie .”

After we were all introduced , and had a quick chat about their flight , we decided to go back up to the rooms . Pommie and I followed the rest of them towards the elevators , when Alex called us over to him .

“Hi , you must be Halo's friends” Alex said to the four new arrivals . “Nice to meet you , can I talk to you all later ? I need Halo and Pommie's help right now .”

“Sure” They said , and left .

“Halo ?” I heard Tashie say .

“Who knows” Emma replied . Well , at least they seem to be getting along .