Alex Gaskarth Imagine #9

You and your boyfriend, Alex, had been together for about a year, and so far things were going fantastic besides the fact he hadn’t said he loved you yet.

He had told you about his past relationships before and how each time he brought up the term “love” the girl would seem to run away, and it was hard to try to convince Alex that you would be around for the long run.

Instead of saying those three special words you were content at the time with just saying “I L-bomb you” which practically meant the same thing with a little less commitment, but you had thought it had been long enough.

It was about ten o’clock at night and you were both lounging on the couch. You were watching him playing Xbox while you sat there on your phone scrolling through Instagram and looking at new fashion ideas.

"Alex?" You asked.

"Hmm?" He said, his eyes still glued to the television.

"Can you pause that for a minute?" You said sitting up more straight.

"Okay babe, even though I’m on a kill streak.." He said teasingly. He looked at you and noticed the seriousness in your eyes, "What’s up?" He asked curiously.

"Alex, I love you." You said. "Do you love me?"

"(Y/N), you know my feelings towards you..and that word..but.." He said nervously.

"Why?" You said, "Why are you so afraid of commitment with me?"

"Ever time I fucking spit out those three words, it all ended horribly, I like where we are at, and I don’t want to risk what we have baby.” He said pulling you into his arms.

You looked up into his big eyes, “Alex, you know this is different then all the other times, and I only have tunnel vision towards you.”

He smiled a little, “I’m just scared.”

"It’s okay to be scared Alex." You said pressing your lips gently against his cheek.

"But.." He smirked, "I don’t want to have any regrets."

You tilted your head in slight confusion.

"(Y/N), I love you. I love you. I love you. Only you. Forever, I promise." He cuddled you more tightly in his arms.

"I love you Alex." You said.

"I love you too babe." He said, a smile emerging on his face.

He bent his head over to reach your lips, pressing them softly against yours at first, getting more and more into it by the second.

He scooped you up off the couch, still in his arms, carrying you bridal style towards the stair case. Letting his lips detach for a second to make sure he wasn’t going to run into anything. He carried you up into the bedroom you too shared, laying you gently down on the bed.

"I love you sweetheart." He said, kissing you furiously.

"I love you too." You said when he finally removed his lips from yours, soon returning to something special