XIV

*Dave's POV*

I felt bad for keeping Kelsea up, she looked like a zombie from one of those gory movies. Except she wasn't covered in blood.

"Kelsea, I still feel bad for keeping you up." I said to her while looking down at my feet.

"Dave, sweetheart. I told you it's okay. You have a show to play with guys tonight. I can sleep tonight or later on when I'm dead." She said somehow still having the energy to give me that lazy smile of hers.

"Woah Kels did you sleep last night?" Kurt asked as he came walking in.

"No but that's okay, some coffee and I'll be ready to stay awake." Kelsea said smiling at him.

"Dude you look like a zombie get some rest." Kurt tried to insist.

"No cause if I do I'll be up all night again." She said. I did see her point on that one.

"Fine, fine coffee it is." Kurt said putting his hands up in surrender.

She just smiled and laughed slightly, I knew she wanted to say something but didn't. I just didn't know what she wanted to say. Kelsea went and turned the coffee on she was starting to look worse by the minute.

"Kelsea, are you sure you're okay?" I asked her as she nearly fell over.

"Yeah, I don't-" She cut off because she hit the ground and I had no clue what to do other than call the paramedics. I was hoping that what ever it was wasn't serious. When they arrived she was still lying on the ground. Tears filled my eyes as I watched them carry her away.

"Dave, man we'll call off the show tonight go be there for your wife." Kurt said knowing this was harder on me than it was him. With that I took off sprinting towards the hospital they had taken her to. I was so unbelievably worried that she wouldn't make it.

"May I help you sir?" A blonde nurse asked.

"I'm looking for Kelsea." I said still panting and out of breath.

"And what's a last name?" The nurse asked a small patient smile forming on her lips.

"Grohl." I said not even thinking twice.

"She is in room 430." The nurse said with a smile. I thanked her and sprinted off towards Kelsea's room.

When I got there a doctor was waiting to talk to me.

"What happened to her doc?" I asked him as he pulled me aside in the hallway.

"She collapsed from exhaustion and malnutrition possibly caused by starving herself." With those words I felt my heart start to break why would she do that to herself.

"Dave." She croaked as I walked through the door.

"Why would you do it?" I asked her tears beginning to form in my eyes.

"Beacuse I felt like I wasn't good enough, like I never would be good enough for you for anyone." She said as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Kelsea, you've always been and always will be enough for me and I can't lose you. I care too much about you. Promise me you'll start eating please you're my life." I said finally just falling apart letting the tears show.

"Dave, come here. I'm so sorry I've hurt you. I promise I will start taking better care of myself." She said as I walked to her and she pulled me into the bed next to her. For some reason I couldn't stop the tears I continued to cry as she sat there and held me.

*Kelsea's POV*

I had messed up big my little secret came to light because I went down in front of Dave. I know that I have to change and get my health back because I damn near killed myself and I can't stand to see Dave hurt like that. I sat there and held him as he cried. I knew that once I was out of there I was going to have to make it a point to eat no matter how much I don't want to.

"Kelsea?" He said in a questioning tone when he looked up at me.

"Yes?" I said my voice shaking with the weight of everything I had done.

"I love you." Whispered still gaining the strength an confidence back in his voice that he had before.

"I love you too, but I'd also understand if you wanted someone better than me." I said feeling so fucking horrible that any of this happened in the first place. He didn't deserve the pain this situation had caused him.

"Kelsea, look, I still love you and want you only you but that can't happen if you leave me in this world alone." He whispered softly as he wiped away the tear that fell down my face.

"Dave you didn't deserve the pain that I caused you by caring for myself so little that I did this to myself." I said giving in and saying exactly what I was thinking.

"Kelsea, yeah it hurts to see you like this but only because I love you and care so much about you." Dave said resting his on my chest right over my heart.

"Dave, you mean the world to me. Every day I'm lucky to be with you, I promise I'm going to try to take care of myself better cause I don't wanna leave you." I said promising right then and there that I was gonna take care of myself better. No sooner than I said that Kurt and Krist walked in.

"Hey Kels." Kurt said softly as he walked in and sat beside the hospital bed.

"Hey." I said smiling weakly.

"Kels, what happened?" He asked worry clouding his big blue eyes. Dave just continued to lay with his head on my chest listening to my heart beat.

"I fucked up Kurt." I said sighing softly.

"Kels, what do you mean you fucked up?" He asked quietly as him and Krist both had their eyes on me waiting for my answer.

"I damn near killed myself Kurt, I put Dave through hell. I'm having a hard time living with myself." I said as I cried.

"Kelsea, Dave loves you and I know you didn't mean for this to happen so show him, show yourself by taking care of you for you." Krist said sitting on the edge of the bed and patting my leg.

I smiled, "Thanks, Krist." I said.

"See keep smiling like that and you'll find that your smile will be your spark of life." Kurt said looking me in the eyes. I sighed contently knowing that those three cared about me more than I knew.

A/N: Sorry this chapter took a very hard left!