XI

*Dave's POV*

  A few days passed and Kelsea hadn't gotten any better, I was even more worried than I was before. Kelsea means the world to me. I had finally decided that I needed to convince her to actually go get help.

     "Miss Sassy?" I said waiting patiently for her to respond.

     "Yes?" She said trying to sound like she was completely happy and nothing is wrong.

      "I seriously think that it's time you get help... professional help, Kelsea I don't wanna lose you but I'm afraid that if you keep going like this I will lose you." I said trying to keep everything I was feeling inside.

      "Dave, listen, if I went in they'd hospitalize me. Trust me I've been there before and it damn bear killed me. My mom played hell trying to get me out, she wound up taking them to court and the judge forced the asylums hand, and they finally released  me. I just can't go through that again. Let me tell you a story, I was 13 and had my entire world on a platter, as if that wasn't enough I got hurt physically and I haven't breathed a word of it to any one until today. Dave, I'm fucked up, I really am. They took something I could never get back and I guess cause I never talked about it so the wounds it left on me could heal." She said looking at me hoping that I understand.

    "Kelsea, that explains so much, come here." I said morning for her to come to me. I put my arms around her and pulled her close.

    "Dave you don't know how good it feels to know that someone knows the secret I've been carrying all these years." She said as she hurried her face in my shoulder.

    "I'm glad you told me all of the Kelsea, I'm not gonna let someone hurt you that way, nor would I ever hurt you that way." I whispered into her ear.

*Kelsea's POV*

     I sat there half way in shock that I finally admitted to someone else what I knew all along. That scared me more than anything. I felt so fragile and so vulnerable, my whole heart and soul bared to him in that moment.

    "I feel so much better now." I said with a smile that wasn't faked or forced because I finally let it out the secret I've been keeping.

     "That's the smile I fell in love with the one that shines straight into your beautiful eyes." He said smiling himself at the sight of my smile.

    I didn't say anything, I just blushed and chuckled. As we laid on the bed in my room. I was so content like that with him. He still didn't trust me to be alone so when they had "tour" I wasn't allowed to stay home. Honestly they had every right to make those conditions considering I made a mess of myself the last time they left me alone to go play a show.

    "Whatcha thinkin' about?" Dave asked breaking the silence and my train of thought.

    "Oh nothing just thinking back on how I got in this boat and the choices I made that I could've done without." I said looking into his most beautiful eyes.

    "What choices might those be Miss Sassy?" He asked smirking at me.

    "Well for starters tearing myself open like a Christmas package has made you, Kurt and Krist watch me like a hawk. Yes I understand y'all don't trust me alone and I just kinda wish I hadn't done it." I said with a lame wink.

     "You know it's just until we feel we can trust you to be on your own again. It won't last forever, I promise." He said pulling me into a hug.

    "Yeah I know, we better get ready we told Kurt we'd meet him and Krist at his house at noon." I said standing up and getting out of bed.

    "Oh shit yeah we better get going." He said with a chuckle.

    We had to get ready quickly cause we were about to be late and I was a stickler about being on time. We were both red faced and out of breath when we hit Kurt' s door step.

    "Did you two run here?" Kurt asked voice heavy with sarcasm.

    "Yeah we did because Kelsea here can't stand the idea of being even just a little late." Dave said with a sarcastic eye roll.

   "Yeah sounds like Kelsea, let's get inside and get this band practice/movie day underway." Krist said with a big cheesy grin.

    We followed the pair into the house, band practice was first I the agenda, I'll admit I did like watching them practice. I like the music and I just liked watching them. This lasted maybe a grand total of an hour before they were tired and just wanted to spend the rest of the day watching movies.

    We did this movie day thing at least once a week because we all liked getting together talking and bullshitting while we watched whatever mindless movies we decided were on the list.

     "So how you doin Kelsea?" Kurt asked.

     "Absolutely amazing." I said and for the first time in a while I actually meant it. Kurt could tell I was being completely sincere.

     "That's good, you're my friend and I was worried about you. Still don't trust you alone but all on good time. If this good mood of yours sticks around for a while. We won't watch you so closely." Kurt said with a reassuring smile.

    "I know and I understand why you guys are watching me and I'm greatful  for it." I said smiling back as the opening credits for the movie began to roll.

     After the last exchange nothing more was said because we were all watching the movie on the small screen. It was supposed to be a horror movies but it couldn't scare a fly. Then again I never was bothered by horror movies. I thought they were cool and very creative.