II

*Dave's POV*

  She seemed like an interesting girl. I wanted to know more about her. However I ran out of time when Kurt and Krist came through the front door. They at first seemed a little preoccupied with whatever they were talking about until they noticed the silence and glances between Kelsea and I.

     "Don't tell me you two fuckin sat here in silence the whole time." Kurt said with a laugh as he sat down next to Kelsea.

    "Uhm no we didn't sit in silence believe or not I do have people skills despite what I let the masses believe." Kelsea said with a grin and an eye roll.

    "So what did you two talk about?" Krist questioned as he sat down beside me.

    Kelsea looked over at me, I could tell that she didn't want to say it herself. She raised her eyebrow ever so slightly letting me know that she wanted me to tell them because she'd rather not almost start crying again.

    "She was just telling me about her home before she came out here to Washington and some other stuff." I said trying to keep my time light casual and laid back. I looked over to Kelsea who gave me a big approving smile. I grinned lightly back at her.

       *Kelsea's POV*

    I was relieved when Dave took the hint and told Kurt and Krist for me. Home had always been a painful topic for me to talk about but I felt as though I could talk to Dave about anything.

    "Kels, you never mentioned much about your hometown and when you do it usually means you're on your way to a major freak out." Kurt said not even bothering to hide the traces of worry that colored his tone. When he said that I was worry start spreading through Dave's features as well. I could tell that what Kurt said had really worried him.

    "Yeah I just felt like it was finally time that I talked about it. You can only keep parts of yourself hidden from those you love for so long. Do you two know the reason my family and I left Colorado?" I asked looking directly at Kurt, Krist and Dave.

    "No, you never mentioned it." Krist said being the only one to speak up.

    "My family and I left because they both some how managed to get jobs out here at the same time but that's only half the story," I said pausing and smiling a sad smile, "I wasn't a very good kid back in my hometown. I had a lot of issues most of them caused by the friends that I had in my hometown. So my parents thought thay maybe moving would change and fix my perception on things and it did because I met the two of you." I said motioning to Kurt and Krist. "Often times when I think back I get sad because I really did hurt people and I can't ever take it back or fix the damage I've done so I don't talk about home because it's just a nasty reminder that I'm a nasty person." I finished flatly leaving the three men in the room with me speechless.

   "You are not a nasty person." Kurt said in disbelief.

   "Yes I am, you don't think so because  you never knew that side of me Kurt. I have hurt people and done things at such a young age that even being that young I could never be forgiven for." I said looking down.

    "You're not like that anymore, are you?" Dave asked finally saying something considering he'd stayed quiet since this had started.

    "If course I'm not. I don't ever want to do or be that again. I hurt too many people including my family. I couldn't do that now because since I met Kurt and Krist I actually do give a shit about what happens to myself." I said looking down at the ground.

    "Well if that's the case you're really not a nasty person. You just made bad choices. You turned your life around and started doing right and doing better. That is a sign of one amazing person." Dave said with a sincere and heartfelt smile.

   "Dave's right you know." Krist said finally making his opinion known.

   I sat there and didn't say anything and then that when the years started to flow freely. I couldn't contain them any longer. I broke right there in front of the three of them.

      *Dave's POV*

    Kelsea actually broke down into tears. I could see just how hard it was for her when she looked up and met our concerned gazed. I stood up and walked over to her grabbing her hand and pulling her to her feet so I could hug her. She didn't fight she just let me pull her close.

    "Kelsea, what wrong?" I leaned down to whisper on her ear.

    "I finally feel like I belong." She whispered back to me through tears at that moment I realized it was hard for her to accept that we all liked her and accept her no matter what she did in her past.

     "I sure hope you do, cause I know those two think you're an awesome person and they said that I'd like you a lot and it turns out that I do." I whispered back to her.

   She didn't say a word I just pulled her closer as a fresh wave of years came over her. She felt upset from telling the truth but at the same time I could see in her eyes when she looked at me that she was happy she told the truth.

    "Well I gotta get going. It's getting late." Kelsea said after we ate the late dinner that Kurt had managed to cook.

   "Don't freeze on the walk back to your place." Kurt said to Kelsea as she was gathering up her stuff. It wasn't too long before Kelsea was out the door.

    "Dude you have a major crush on Kelsea!" Kurt said when we were finally alone.

    "Do not!" I said as I made an attempt to hide the fact that I was blushing.

    "Yes you do and it's okay we know for a fact that she likes you man. It was obvious when you and I walked through the door and she almost immediately had to leave the room. She only does that when she finds someone attractive. When that happens she leaves and hides for a few before coming out and trying a little bit fuckin normal." Krist told me with a laugh.

    "So you two actually think she likes me?" I asked trying not to sound too hopeful.

    "Yes definitely." Kurt said unable to hide the laughter that came tumbling out of him.