Sweet Kookie

After that day Jungkook came over often. I even let him help me with my daily tasks. This included runs and serving clients.

"Hey Joon?" He tapped me on the shoulder before speaking. I looked up from my gun count at him, he was playing with his thumbs.

"Yes?"

"I was thinking, all this stuff. It's really not good for you, especially without your freinds. Maybe you should tie it up and I don't know, stop?"

I let out a laugh, even though I knew very well he wasn't joking. As I continued the count.

"Look Kook, you've been helping me for months now. Has anything severely dangerous happened to me?" I waited for his reply although it was just as I expected, he cocked an eyebrow and made a hun with his fingers holding it to his head.

"Yeah." I let a cocky smile creep onto my face.

"You handled that so well though, so I figured there is nothing to worry about. So don't sweat it. Can you go get the pistol with the red handle out of truck three?" I looked down at my clipboard expecting to end the conversation because I had obviously won.

One thing I didn't think would happen was Jungkook knocking the clipboard out of my hand. I looked up at him surprised and he had tears welled up in his eyes.

"Namjoon you think there's nothing to worry about. But I do, I worry! I worry about you all the time! Why can't you see that! If something happened to you, if one of your clients were displeased with their product and I wasn't there to step in. What's there to stop them from shooting you? You've been all alone for almost a year now I should know because I graduate in a month and I met you earlier this year. I'm sure they've noticed that. If something happened to you, I would be devastated because..."

He was actually crying at this point as I watched him say his part, but I wondered why he stopped.

"Because, why?"

He wiped his eyes and walked away. I'm sure he mumbled something under his breath that looked like never mind. However I couldn't see his mouth very well to know for sure. I wanted to follow him and push for an explanation I probably didn't really need. But I let him have his space, I finished up my work within the next hour and then I decided to hunt the younger down. He was sitting on his phone on the back porch. I sat down next to him, he looked up.

"You okay?" I asked him. He seemed nearly amused with my question as he let out a breath I couldn't hear.

"Namjoon I hate to admit this, but I think I have a crush on you." My face erupted in heat as I read the words that fell from his lips. Out of literally everything that had happened I never imagined he would say that to me! I mean I was older than him by a little more than four years. It wasn't weird to be in that type of relashionship. Just different, the biggest problem was the fact that I had not one clue what to reply. I mean yes he was a dashing male, he was really sweet too. But I don't know if I liked him.

I ran my hand down my neck and then I mustered a reply. "Okay, well umm that I wasn't expecting. You really mean that kid?" Now even if it wasn't the best idea to call him kid it was what I was used to. He just nodded his head and a light blush spread far across his features. It was actually pretty cute. "Well, let's hang out. Like a date, but at the same time not. It's just to see, we can go somewhere to eat just the two of us. Try things the proper way, how about it Jungkook?" The younger smiled his signature bunny grin and nodded egarly. The two set a date and then Namjoon settled into his office chair recalling the days events. Now that he thought about it, he really missed having someone to hold.