Chapter 29: Hurts More Than A Scar

Start from the beginning

“How do you think she’ll learn then, Blake?” Chace said.

I didn’t want to hear more of it so I ran to the building we used to study.

I went up to the eighth floor and sat at the bench there. The penthouse is pretty calming and no one goes here that much since it’s very tiring to go up the stairs so this is where I should cry my heart out.

I played with the sunflower beside me. Tucking out the petals piece by piece.

“He loves me, he loves me not.” I whispered.

I tucked out three more petals.

“He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me..”

I tucked out one more.

“He loves me not.”

A tear fell down from my eye.

Who’s the he I wonder.

I looked up the sky and lied down on the bench.

I remembered Kirk, my first love. The moment felt the same.

I was crying looking up the sky because I knew that from the start, he never loved me.

I love Risa, I’m sorry Lauren, I really did care for you but.. You’re just not the right one.

Those words echoed through my mind that day.

Risa was quiet and smart. She never took interest of the boys so not much cared about her except Kirk. I believed him at first but when I heard him talking with his friends, giggling, about the bet they made.

‘Can’t believe you won this bet, Kirk.’ One of his friends said.

‘She was just easy actually. Two months of chasing her then suddenly she said she had feelings for me, piece of cake.’ Kirk said.

I ran home from school at that time and cried my heart out at my room. After crying, Wade came, my best friend.

He comforted me and after six months of sulking about Kirk, I finally fell in love with him. Wade was a nice guy, as I thought so, when after six months of dating, he left me because he fell out of love. I wasn’t enough for him.

Remembering all those pain from before hurts like a scar.

Because right after those incidents, I hated boys.

I hated them like insects. I barely talked to one and focused on my studies for three years and after graduating from high school, I went here to this academy.

But you know what’s crazy? I never thought I’ll cry ever again after that incident.

Chace, why are you so cold towards me? Have I done anything wrong to you? Why is it whenever you become nice to me, you’ll instantly turn cold to me? If you hate me that much, just tell me.

I hugged my knees then sobbed.

~~

I woke up with a massive headache and puffy eyes.

I can’t believe I fell asleep in a bench but why does it seem so soft?

I turned a bit and looked up.

Oh my gosh, what is he doing here?!

“What the hell are you doing here you stupid monkey!??!?!” I shouted at Chace while kicking him at the face.

“Ow! This is how you repay me after finding you from every nook and cranny?!” Chace sniggered.

“You.. You searched for me?” I said in shock.

I felt my heart thumping a bit but I just let that feeling slide.

He dipped his hands in his pocket since it was cold tonight. “Blake was blaming me since you were crying and they couldn’t find you so I decided to search as well. He might murder me if I didn’t find you.”

Oh, he searched because of Blake.

“Well, I’ll be going then since you’re just here.” Then before he stepped out of the door, I grabbed him.

He stood there and didn’t moved an inch so I couldn’t see his face.

I took the coat in my shoulders and gave it to him. “Your coat right? To protect me from the cold? Thanks.” I said flatly.

“It’s fine. Just return it tomorrow.”

“Seriously, take it. I don’t want to get germs all over by you.” I coldly told him.

He smirked.

He closed the door then pulled my arm.

“So you hate me that much?” He smiled mischievously.

“Since the day we met.” I groaned.

“Too bad, because I found you interesting since the day we met, Ms. Flinn.” Then he let go and left.

I stared at his shadow before he disappeared.

“What..

...The hell?” I whispered in my breathe.

“What was that all about?!” I shouted at the penthouse.

I sat down near the door and rubbed my cheeks.

I snuggled in his black coat then looked up the sky again.

Why did he say that?

After a few more minutes,

The door banged open and I fell flat on the floor since I was seated near the door.

“Ow!” I cried.

“Sorry Lauren! Are you alright?!” I turned around and hugged Desiree.

“Chace told us you were here.” Drew smiled at me.

“You alright?” Blake checked my head if I had a fever.

“Perfectly fine.” I smiled back to them.

“You haven’t eaten I presume?” Desiree grabbed my arm.

I smiled sheepishly.

“Come on! We’ll take you to a restaurant in the cafeteria.” Drew pushed me out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chace's pretty confusing. Right? :)))

Anyways, thank you for the votes and comments! Thank you so much! :) 

I really appreciate them and I hope I could repay you guys back! :') 

God Bless you guys always!!!:D

I'll update as soon as I can. Hope I don't get writer's block :)

Ohbtw, who wants to have a Chace POV? JUST COMMENT!:)

-SmileyKari :)