Chapter 8 - Too Hot To Handle

Rosalie's P.O.V -

Cole looked amused by my question and I was fighting every urge in my body to not kiss him. I couldn't go there, it would be messy to say the least. But I couldn't move either, something inside was keeping me from pushing him away. I mean maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, he was my husband afterall...

Before I could ponder any longer I felt his lips softly brush against mine, lingering like that for a moment. Almost like he was waiting for my response before deepening the kiss, which I gladly leaned into. He fisted my hair and pulled my body into his, causing me to gasp and give him complete access. Which he didn't hesitate to take full advantage of. I moaned softly as he dominated the kiss, and even had to pull away to catch my breath for a moment.

Which he wasn't a fan of and immediately pressed his lips against mine once more, but only for a brief moment before pulling away. My head felt like it was spinning.

"Cole I-" he put his hand over my mouth for a second while resting his forehead against mine.

"Don't say anything, don't ruin it," he whispered.

I just stared at him, waiting for him to make the next move as I was quite literally stuck to the wall. After what felt like forever he pulled away and I immediately missed being so close to him, but I shook that feeling off and straightened up. Bad Rosalie, I shouldn't be feeling anything towards him.

"I need to go and do damage control," he breaks the silence, finally.

"Okay but I'm coming with you."

He nodded and lead the way out of the room. Cole didn't say a word to me the entire drive, which only made me more anxious. I hated feeling this way, filled with uncertainty and maybe... regret? When we pulled up to warehouse it was swarming with firefighters and police. I looked at Cole alarmed, but as usual his face was giving nothing away.

"Aren't you the least bit worried about the cops uncovering all those weapons?" I asked.

"No, the whole department is on payroll."

No wonder he's so chill.

"Wait he-" I cut him off by shutting the car door behind me.

Seconds after I hear his door close, and he's beside me in an instant.

"Mr Salvatore, good to see you although I wish it were under better circumstances," one of the policeman said.

Cole walked over and shook his hand. My eyes diverted to the ruins of the warehouse, ash filled the air like little snowflakes and the entire building had burned to the ground.

"What do we know so far?" Cole asked.

"I believe it was arson. The CCTV footage is being pulled for you now, so we will know more once we view that. But it looks like the fire started from the inside. And we found two jerry cans that are being dusted for prints as we speak."

Cole nodded "Send me the footage and write it off as an electrical fire, faulty wires or something. I don't care. I'll take it from here."

"Alright, boys wrap it up!" the officer calls out to the rest of the people, and they start packing up to leave.

Cole pulls out his phone and starts watching the footage, fast forwarding it to last night. It took a while but eventually a figure appears at the back entrance of the warehouse. It's almost impossible to make out who it is, their face was covered by a hood. A couple minutes passed and suddenly smoke started coming from the door, seconds later the person reappeared. Their hood had slipped off but I couldn't see their face, just their long red hair.