Chapter 7 - Rose Tinted

Cole's P.O.V -

Something startled me awake at the crack of dawn. I turned to look beside me and realised what had woken me. Rosalie... she was shivering, tossing and turning, mumbling something incoherent, with the blanket completely off her body. It sounded like she was having a nightmare. Without thinking I pulled her small frame into mine and wrapped the blanket around both of us and within seconds she was calm, sleeping like a baby.

I smiled watching her sleep for a while until I realised how creepy I must have looked and got out of bed immediately. That woman is really something, but every time I look at her I'm reminded of what her father took from me. I know it's not her fault, she's so beautiful and innocent in all of this. She doesn't deserve any of this, but I can't let myself feel too much towards her. I refused to let anyone in ever again, because only when you love do you open yourself up to a world of pain.

As I headed down stairs to start my day I sent a quick text to my men to let them know the plan for today. Once Rosalie wakes, we will head to Drea's and locate her father Stefan. Then I will give my guy the details and the okay to infiltrate. That bastard won't know what hit him! The things I'm going to do to him once I get the council's blessing, well to be perfectly honest I could give a f*ck whether I have their blessing or not, one way or another he is a dead man.

"Well hello there handsome, you're up early," a high pitched voice chirped behind me.

"Lindsay, good morning," I replied with no interest in starting a conversation.

She smirked at me, flipping her long red hair over her shoulder, "I hear a certain hoe is off the streets..."

"What the f*ck are you on about?"

"You got married!" she shrieked, "and what you weren't going to tell me? I was just supposed to find out, by you not bending me over everything anymore!?"

I took a step closer to her and immediately felt her whimper under my gaze, "what you think just because I f*cked you a few times that I'm in love with you!? I told you I'm not interested in that with you and you said that was fine, so what you're a lair now?"

A tear streamed down her face and I felt bad immediately, but I couldn't let her know that. I had to get rid of her once and for all.

"I was only okay with it because you told me that you'd never fall in love! That what we had was the best it was going to get so I just accepted it! Now you're all loved up and married to the woman who's father is responsible for your parents death? How am I supposed to be okay with that?"

"I don't care how you come to terms with it, because you will have to just deal with it! I'm happily married so if you'll excuse me I'd like to get back to my wife now," I snapped.

She eyed me for a moment before speaking, "no... something isn't right here and I'm going to figure it out. There's no way you've found the love of your life and become a completely different person over night! I'm on to you Cole," she glared at me before storming out of the room.

For f*cks sake, yet another problem I will just have to add to the list! I shouldn't have slept with her, this is all on me. Sighing I started making coffee for myself and Rosalie. I know the lack of action on my part is making her anxious and I want to help ease some of that anxiety today. I finished in the kitchen and made my way back upstairs to where Rosa was still fast asleep. Nudging her awake I chuckled at her confused face, she's so cute in the morning.