Chapter 3 - Untraditional.

Rosalie's P.O.V -

His golden eyes darkened as they narrowed at me, "Rosalie, think about this. Don't be so impulsive."

"Two seconds ago you were asking if I made up my mind. Now, because it's not what you want to hear, you tell me not to be impulsive. Are you thick?"

"No because if you had said yes, I still would've asked the same thing. I'd never try to force you into anything, this is completely your choice."

Was my hatred for him clouding my judgement? If he really meant everything he said, then maybe I can go along with this for a while.

"How do I know I can trust you?"

"You don't," he said, pausing for a moment. "But I'm all you've got."

I nodded, deep in thought.

"Rosa, I'm sorry for giving you such a hard time. If you just give me a chance, I'll prove to you I'm not that guy anymore."

Everything in me was screaming not to trust him. But I couldn't tell if it was because of my trust issues, or if he just wasn't trustworthy. The only way to find out would be to go through with it, I mean it's not like I had people lining up to help me.

I sighed in defeat, "okay, but I won't waste more than one year with you."

"I can't guarantee that, but I will do my best. But we can't divorce, if the council finds out we will both pay the price."

I shuddered, "fine. Now that's settled I would like to sleep, I'm exhausted."

"Take Serena's room, for now."

I nodded and walked upstairs towards her room, passing out almost instantly.

The next day I awoke to knocking at the door. Grumbling profanities, I swung the door wide open, glaring at the person responsible.

"Wow, don't you look ravishing," Cole smirked, his voice laced with sarcasm.

I groaned and turned towards the mirror near the door, my dark locks were a tangled mess down to my hips. Rolling my eyes I walked over to the vanity to brush my wild mane, "what do you want?"

"I was wondering if you were okay with having the ceremony today?"

That was quick, the devil had nothing on Cole Salvatore.

"Well I suppose the faster we get it done, the faster I'll be rid of you." I turned to face him once my hair was under control.

He screwed his face up at me and sighed, leaning his tall frame on the wall.

"Is there something else?" I asked.

"Yes, breakfast is ready."

"Why didn't you start with that?!" I pushed past him and made my way towards the dining room.

It was a full spread, something I definitely could get used to. I sat down beside Xavier and started loading up my plate.

"Damn girl, where do you put all that?"

"It usually goes straight to my ass."

He choked on his coffee and I snickered. Cole glared us from across the table, but I ignored him, happily munching on my breakfast.

"The gang is going out to the club tonight, wanna tag along?" Xavier looked at me, waiting for my answer.

I thought about it for a moment. I decided, I would in fact be needing a drink after marrying Cole.

"Sure, why not."

We talked and laughed for sometime, Cole didn't look happy at all. But I was enjoying Xavier's company, we had a lot in common afterall. Xavier had to leave and I decided to get ready for the day, but before I could Cole grabbed my arm.

"Are you done throwing your self at my men?"

"I don't know, are you done being a f*ckwit?!" I yanked my arm out of his grasp, "and I wasn't throwing myself at him! We're just two old friends, having a nice conversation. Get over it!"

"Okay I'm sorry for accusing you it's just, if this fake marriage gets out, the council could be alerted and I'll lose everything. Then I'd be no help to you, just be careful with how we are perceived."

"Okay I will be, Jesus will you just relax?"

"I'm serious Rosalie, don't get us caught. More importantly, don't make a fool out of me."

"Don't worry, you're doing a great job at that all on your own."

The audacity that man had to accuse me of throwing myself at Xavier, made my blood boil. How dare he, Xav was just my friend. If it were any other man than Cole, I would suspect he was jealous. But I knew better, he was incapable of expressing human emotions.

A few hours had passed before Cole informed me it was time. I made my way to the main hall where a priest and Xavier were standing. As I aproached them I got this unsettling feeling, it's something I had become accustomed to. I wanted to run. As if Cole could sense my unease he took my hand, giving it a light squeeze.

Something about that gave me a little comfort, but I wasn't jumping for joy that's for sure. The ceremony was a blur, I barely remember any of it. The second it was over I was out of there, and went straight up stairs to get changed for the club. Once we made our way into the city I immediately started scanning the streets, looking for any sign of them. Our entire group was only ten people, but the vibe we gave off made us seem much larger, "you actually going to drink tonight Rosie?" Xavier questioned me.

"Usually I wouldn't, but tonight I think I may make an exception," I winked, walking ahead of him into the club.

As the night went on I kept downing drinks, which I'll admit wasn't smart on my part. I was a borderline recovering alcoholic, and the temptation was just too strong to deny. The only reason I stopped my partying ways, was because I needed to keep my wits about me at all times. Most of the night I hung out with Xavier, he was familiar to me. He reminded me of my old life, the good parts about it at least.

The next day I awoke with the dryest throat, and a splitting headache. I was beginning to make sense of my surroundings when I almost screamed. Right beside me was a passed out Xavier.

Oh no.

Please don't tell me.

Author's Note:

Hey lovelies! 🌹

What did you think of this chapter?

Thank you all so much for reading! I appreciate each and everyone of you.

Remember to be kinder than you feel.

Till next time.

Xoxo.