Chapter 6 - Truce

Rosalie's P.O.V -

Drea and I emerged from her 'lair' to pounding at the door, "Rosalie! I know you're in there," Cole yelled from outside.

I marched towards the door and swung it wide open, my jaw dropping to the ground. Ten armed men surrounded the house with their weapons drawn, while Cole was stood in front of me, eyes narrowed. He looked beyond pissed and I'm sure my face matched his.

"What the f*ck is this?" I waved my arm towards the men.

"Stand down," he told his men, not breaking eye contact with me.

There was a moment of silence, and I was growing more agitated by the second.

"You see when my "wife" goes missing, after her psychotic father sends a threatening message, I tend to take an interest."

"Well that's awfully kind of you to go to all this trouble, but as you can see I'm fine. You can leave now."

I tried to shut the door in his face, but he stopped it with his foot, before grabbing my wrist, hard. Before I knew it I was on the front step with him, getting my áss hauled to the car. "Let go, you're hurting me!" I protested but he ignored what I said, putting me into the car and slamming the door.

The ride home was silent, I was seething with rage, planning exactly how I would cuss him out in my head. I can't believe he grabbed me like that, the audacity of that man! I couldn't speak, I couldn't look at him, I just stared out the window the whole trip. It wasn't long before we made it to the house. I could feel Cole's eyes on me but I refused to look at him, instead I got out of the car and slammed the door behind me. His eyes burning into my back as I made my way inside.

I could not believe him, if this was the type of shít he expected me to deal with, he was in for a rude awakening. In hindsight I should've told him where I was going, but I had always struggled to communicate with people especially with him. I was too mad to be reasonable and needed some space to cool off.

A few hours had passed when I was getting changed in my room I heard a soft knock at the door.

"Come in!"

The door opened and in walked Cole, with a face that gave absolutely nothing away. I had always hated yet admired his ability to do that, he had the unphased act down. Whereas I was the opposite, I always spoke my mind, and my face told you whatever my mouth may have left out. There was no mystery to me, what you see is what you get, maybe that's why I found him so alluring, the whole opposites attract thing.

He sat down on the bed placing his hands in his knees as he looked up at me, "are you okay?"

I scowled at him, "are you seriously asking me that?"

"Rosalie you came to me for protection remember! Me! Then the second something happens you run off on your own and try to play the hero, it's going to get you killed for f*cks sake!"

"Well I'm not just going to sit here and do nothing! What have you done since I've been here? Huh? Because I've already done my part, you got what you wanted we're married, now what are you doing for me?" I crossed my arms and stared him down.

"Actually if you bothered to ask me before running off, I could have told you I was in the middle of prepping one of my men to infiltrate your father's organisation. We need to gain intel, hopefully we find something to prove to the council that he's going against the code."

"Okay but we need to do more than that, I went to see her to try and figure out why he always finds me and it turns out, my necklace was bugged. I was about to get Drea to try and trace it back to him, but then you barged in! Cole he has the upper hand! Don't you see? He always has!"

He stood up from the bed and took me by the wrists, gently this time, "I hear you and I promise I will do everything I can. I care about you Rosa, I want to protect you. But how can I do that when you could just take off at any moment? I could be having a shower thinking you're safe in your bed and before I even knew anything you'd be gone, he could have you."

I stood there like a child getting scolded, not daring to say a word until he finished.

"I'm sorry, I know you're risking a lot helping me," I placed my hands on his chest for a moment, smiling up at him, before pushing him away, "But don't you ever manhandle me like you did, or I'll cut your fucking balls off."

He grimaced "I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry... And I know we just sort of made up but... you may hate me for what I'm about to say."

"What? Spit it out."

Running his long fingers through his dark silky hair he took my hand and lead me into the hallway, "it's better if I just show you."

We made our way down the hallway until we reached his room, I looked up at him confused to which he just opened the door and gestured for me to go in. I looked around the room and I noticed one of the bedside tables had my vitamins and hand moisturiser on display along with my phone charger plugged into the wall. I turned around and walked towards the walk-in robe and to my disbelief one half was lined with every item of clothing I own, and even more added all still had the tags on.

I turned to Cole and I'm guessing from the look on his face, I did not look happy, "what is all of this? What, do you expect me to sleep with you every night? In the same bed!"

"What did you think we could avoid this and still convince the world we are together?" He rolled his eyes at me and scoffed.

"Well things just keep getting better and better don't they?" I threw my hands up in the air.

"Look it's not ideal for me either, I hate sleeping with other people but we have to fake it before we make it sort of thing."

"I know, I know," I brushed him off, "but why can't we ever get divorced? Seems a bit mediaeval to me surely those old f*cks believe in having a way out."

"Because we've always married for power, if the marriages could end so easily power would fluctuate way too often. The underworld would be more chaotic than we already know it to be."

"So we are stuck with each other then?" I asked.

"Unless one of us dies, 'cheats' or disappears... Yep, pretty much."

I sighed taking a seat on my side of the bed, "I want to go back to Drea's tomorrow and try to track my father down."

"Okay, but I'm coming with you this time. No arguing!"

"Okay, okay we'll call a truce. Let's just get this over with so I can move on with my life finally!" Rolling my eyes I begrudgingly agree, as long as I am getting closer to taking down my monster of a father I don't really care.

Once I discover his location I'm going to stalk his every move, find out what I can and destroy everything he holds dear. He will have nothing left by the time I'm through with him and then and only then, will I put him out of his misery.

Authors Note:

Hey lovelies!🌹

Long time no see, I know I know I'm sorry but hopefully this chapter was enjoyable for you! I will post the next one asap.

Thank you for all your support!

Xoxo