Chapter 3~Bang Bang

After my little session with Mrs. Harrison it became clear to me that I was totally going to have a hard nut to crack.
The woman had informed me through questioning that her daughter's name was Alison Harrison. I did not hear a Gabby in there. In a nutshell I learnt that Miss Alison was 23 years old. Same age as my cousin and resided in her own apartment ever since she became 20.
Mrs. Harrison assured me that she didnt have any idea who would want her daughter dead, and that she did not know of any enemies.
Now, among my desk my coworkers are crowded around me trying to put it all together. There is no record of Alison to be found in London before age 12, even though Mrs. Harrison says she's lived with her all her life.
Who wanted to kill this mystery child?

Forensic reports inform us that the two women were in a struggle. The bruises on their faces and the black eyes reveal that the attacker had no mercy. Multiple stab wounds proved fatal for Siria Dargis, the other woman. As for Alison.. she was strangled, shot in the chest and she left life with a few broken bones.
This was carefully planned, and it wasn't done by one person either.
My interest is further peaked when I find out that Alison had been adopted.
***

I call aunt Petra later that night and ask if Gabby is around. She takes a while before she hands over the phone because of my unexpected call. I never contact family apart from my mother.
When I speak to Gabby she sounds like her old self, peachy and prime. I do not know how to tell her that I found her dead body earlier that morning.
"Gabby, are you alright?"
"Damn cousin... its funny you only want to know that after 4 years. I mean how did you even find our number Bryce?" She replies with a hint of frustration.
" Better late than never though "
" This feels like never yo! What gives?" Gabby probes further.
I pause to think before I answer her.
"Lets just say something happened today that made me realize we don't have forever to let our loved ones know we give a fuck." My voice gets lower with each word.

" Bry... is everything alright?" My aunt asks with a worried tone. I now learn I'm on speaker phone.
" Yea yea Aunt Petra. Guess what I saw somebody that looked just like Gabby today in London! "
I hear my aunt let out with a loud gasp,
"Gabriella! Hang up!"
"Huh, Ma?!" Gabby shrieks.
"Now!"

                               ><><

So here goes chapter 3. For those who might confused, our main character is Bryson Archer. Most of the book will be written from his point of view. So apparently, his cousin is alive and well. But when he told her and his aunt about the look alike, the aunt ended the conversation. 🤨

Thank you for reading and vote vote vote. Feel free to comment questions as well 😘