Guilt

A/N. Hey guys! New update. Hope you guys enjoy this update. Just a warning, there is mention of blood in this chapter, but only brief. And just look at that face! You can't help but feel for him. Okay, I'm done. Read on! -Anna

Y/n- Your name

N/n- Nickname

E/c- Eye color

~~~~

The crew cheered (made fart cheer in Mr. Snuff's situation) up at Captain Amelia, who stood proudly at the wheel. Morph turned back to his blobby self, but soon after turned into a pink puddle on the ground.

"Captain! That-oh, my goodness. That was-that was absolutely-that was the most-" Delbert stuttered as he untangled himself from a heap of ropes.

"Oh, tish-tosh," Amelia said as she looked through a astronomical instrument. "Actually, Doctor, your astronomical advice was most helpful."

"Well, uh, uh-thank you. Thank you very much," Delbert replied with a shocked expression. "Well, I have a lot of help to offer anatomically-amanamonically-astronomically." He facepalmed.

"Well, I must congratulate you, Mr. Silver," Amelia said as she went down to where the crew was. "It seems your cabin boy and girl did a bang-up job with those lifelines and sails."

Silver, Jim, and you shoved each other back and forth playfully, chuckling.

"All hands accounted for, Mr. Arrow?" Amelia asked her first officer.

His voice didn't reply. You and everyone else looked around for the rock-like being, but nobody could see him.

"Mr. Arrow?" Amelia called again.

A familiar hissing reached your ears as Scroop strode towards the captain with a sorrowful look. "I'm afraid Mr. Arrow has been lost." He handed Amelia Arrow's hat. "His lifeline was not secured."

Everyone looked at Jim.

"No, I checked them all." Jim pushed past some crew members to get to the lifelines, but stopped in his tracks once he saw the lone handle without a rope tied to it. "I-I did. I checked them all. They were secure. I swear."

You frowned and furrowed your eyebrows. Jim didn't like taking orders, but when it came to lives, he would take them seriously. You knew that he was being serious, and nobody believed him but you. He would never intentionally let someone die. Arrow wasn't even one of the people Jim disliked.

With a somber look, Amelia began to speak. "Mr. Arrow was a..." She cleared her throat. "Fine spacer...finer than most of us could ever hope to be. But he knew the risks, as do well all. Resume your posts. We carry on."

Amelia retreated-most likely to her stateroom-and the crew did as she ordered. Jim looked around, almost with a scared look. As you reached out to him, he ran off. Everything finally started to set in, and everything started to hurt. Physically and emotionally. You looked down at your leg where the physical pain was coming from, and saw a line of blood slowly flowing down. You remembered the rock that scrapped you during the supernova.

You knew Jim would need some time to calm down and gather himself. You also knew that he was blaming himself for Arrow's death. But it couldn't have been his fault. You found out that your emotional pain came from Arrow's death. He was a good man.

Maybe a rock cut the rope? you thought.

As you wrapped up your wound (luckily, it wasn't too deep of a cut), you tried to think of any other possibilities for why Arrow's lifeline didn't support him. You couldn't come up with anything, but you still didn't blame Jim. Speaking of him, you found Jim sitting on the rigging as the Legacy slowly drifted through some kind of blue cosmos. As quietly as you could, you climbed up the rigging and sat down next to him. Jim didn't look your way as he fidgeted with a small piece of rope.