2 - Hell No

Being stuck between two worlds felt like forever. An unknown force was dragging me outside and I was struggling to fight against it. Eventually, I felt something solid under my feet. I opened my eyes and realized I was back in the court, I could sense the energy of the place. But I'd never been in this hall.

Floor was cold, made of rough stones. There was hardly any furniture - just some small tables with lit up candles on the surface, a broken chair and a dirty mattress. The ceiling seemed to be really high. Over my head there was a huge chandelier. There was no source of light other than candles so I supposed it must have been some basement.

I looked down. I was kneeling inside of a white, supposedly drawn with a chalk, circle with some weird symbols written around it. What did it even mean?

Ugh, creepy.

It took me a while to notice I was surrounded by eight men. Vampires? Probably. 

I found it surprisingly hard to focus on anything. I couldn't see clearly, my sight blurred all of the sudden. I wanted to look at the strangers' faces so maybe I could recognize them but there was no way. All I saw was blended spots of dark colors. 

I tried to move but wasn't able to. Though there was no rope, it felt like I was tied up.

Okay, I was starting to be a little scared. Actually, no. I was bloody horrified. I had no idea what was happening.

The moment after I could descry a silhouette right in front of me. The vampire had a graceful, proud and slender posture. He was wearing an old-fashioned inky tailcoat with a white jabot and a thin black ribbon tied in a bow around his neck. He had medium-length dark hair, tied up in a messy low ponytail. His unnaturally pale, diamond-shaped face was expressing calm and slight interest but most of all it was emanating superiority and beauty. Well, duh - he was a damn vampire... I never missed the fact that Christian was handsome too. Maybe not as much as the one in front of me but still. 

The vampire glimpsed at me and smirked. What? Is there something on my face?

- No, there is not. It's just cute of you to consider me handsome in such situation - he spoke with a silky voice.

What the...

- Yeah, real eye candy - I mumbled. Who is this guy anyway?

The vampire laughed pearly.

- I - he made a pause - am Asher the Vicious.

The freaking Prince in the flesh?!

- Yes. The Prince.

I was staring at him.

- How can you...

- ...Know what you're thinking? I've just summoned you which means you've been enslaved. I am your master from now on. That's why I have an access to your mind.

I... I was enslaved?

- And so, now you're attached to this certain room as this is where I paged you. You cannot leave without an order.   

I started to panic but managed to make my voice sound less trembly when I asked:

- How did you know my name?

- We'll discuss the details later. Now, get used to your new place. You're going to spend here quite a lot of time unless you behave good. I'll call you when it's needed.

After that sentence the Prince and his men left the room.

I finally was able to move freely. My breath was brief and shallow. I could feel the heat in my shaking body. Damn, this was bad. This was so bad. I'd never been frightened so much in my whole fifty-year lifetime. And it was only like a childhood to a shadow! I did't want to be a slave for the rest of that long-ass life!

Okay then. Calm down. I needed to show that I was not going to let them break me. Gotta act cool and cocky. But wouldn't it worsen my situation? I thought it was reasonable both to resist and tame. How the hell was I going to do it?!

Okay, stop. I was being childlish right then. Deal with the situation and toe the line for the time being. The Prince said I would spend here a lot of time. Hell no, this place was crappy. Gotta show him the "good behavior" he wanted. If I was enslaved and needed to obey anyway, I could earn a better room to dwell at least.

I wonder if Asher is reading my mind right now? Ugh, I hated the thought.

"Well, get used to the thought", a message appeared in my head.

Hell no.

---------------A/N---------------Hello there! Thank you for reading, I appreciate it a lot! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. You might consider sharing your thoughts in the comments because I can't read minds unlike Asher, hehe~ ^3^