Day Twenty Seven

Dear diary-

Dad wanted to die I guess. He went outside, but I caught him. I was writing a letter to mom when it happened. I held onto his arm as he took off his hat. I took mine off.

We're on a space ship. I keep worrying about Charlie.

It was aliens. My math teacher was right.

They were green with oval shaped heads, and one red eye in the middle of their foreheads. They had large mouths. Squiggle arms. There were two of them. One was tall, the other was short. One was fat, the other was skinny.

They told us that they were going to send us to another planet for relocation. Dad asked if he could send us to mom. He asked what planet the aliens were from. They said they did not intend to harm us at least.

At least I know that mom is safe now. She's on some planet in the next galaxy over. We asked the aliens why they didn't bother to attempt communication. They said it was because they were superior and didn't feel the need though they could.

I guess the aliens are smarter than us.

I tried to pray for Charlie, but one of the aliens told us that it was useless to pray because he would die without us there to help him anyways unless he happened to go out in the rain alone.

It is my hope that someone helps my little brother down there. For now. I have to deal with dad. He seems a little drunk, and disturbed. The aliens can sense this. I know.

But for now dear diary. I am safe. I am warm in this ship. The aliens have not harmed us yet.

And perhaps, I will see my mother. If not my father, and I will find a way to find her. He's all I got for now.

I think I am going to ask the aliens to hold this for my baby brother when he comes. I want him to know that he is safe. That we love him. That we will be reunited soon. Maybe they will give it to him. If not, maybe they will read it. Maybe they will leave us alone.

Charlie,

If you are listening the important thing to know is you are going to be safe. We will see you soon.