17

A few days later

Even though Lui has spent about 16 years in the palace, he has never really venture away from the East Wing and also spent most of his time taking care of Aixin. So now that he has a chance, Lui decided to take a look at the palace and see how mortal royalty differs from celestial royalty.

------------------------------------

As Lui sets out towards the west direction, not sure of what he'll see, to his surprise he came across a large, beautiful garden.

The garden is filled with lots of beautiful flowers and plants, but what caught Lui's attention and surprised him is a little patch of gold amaryllis. According to what Lui knew, gold amaryllis only bloom in the celestial world, and even there it is very rare and only shows itself to true royal blood. Thus, for it to exist in the mortal realm is very strange.

As Lui ponders if the flowers are fake and steps closer towards the small patch, a soft voice echos from behind him slightly startling him.

"Do you like those flowers"

------------------------------------

At this point Lui does not even have to turn around to know who it is, so with his attention still focus on the small patch of gold flowers Lui asks, "How did they get here?"

Upon hearing his question, the person who the voice belongs to seems to be shocked at Lui's question and froze for a second.

--------------------------------------------

Seeing that Zhanshi is not answering his question, Lui turns around to face Zhanshi and saw that he had a surprised look on his face, but as quickly as the surprised expression appear, it was replaced with a huge grin.

Confused about what Zhanshi is grinning about, Lui frowns and asks, "What is it?"

With that huge grin still on his face, Zhanshi takes a step closer towards Lui, narrowing the space between them to about 3 inches, then softly whispers to Lui, "You talked to me?"

This caused Lui to raise one of his eyebrows questioningly at Zhanshi but said nothing because from the short time that he has spent with the man, he knew that the man is weird and strange and there is no point in questioning his logic. So after giving a small sigh, Lui asks, "So do you know how those (points to the gold flowers) got there?"

------------------------------------

With the huge smile still on his face, Zhanshi tells Lui, "Shen found them and planted them there....You have no idea how surprised I was when I saw him digging dirt for the first time in his life....Why?...Do like them?"

Upon hearing that Shen was the one who found them, Lui became even more curious about Shen and unconsciously asks, "Can you tell me more about Shen?"

But upon voicing his question, Lui saw a weird but frightening glint flashed in Zhanshi's eyes and reflexively add, "...I just want to make sure I know who Aixin is in love with."

With that, Lui saw that the frightening glint has vanish and Zhanshi's expression is now back to it's idiotic but cheerful smile.

------------------------------------

"Shen is just Shen...Did you want a tour around this place, I can show you around." Zhanshi replies with the huge smile still on his face.

Confused about what Zhanshi meant by Shen is just Shen, Lui decides to let it go and allow Zhanshi to show him around, besides he was get quite bored of the silence anyway.

---------------------------------------

As Zhanshi continous to drag Lui by the wrist and show him all the various parts of Shen's Wing and then the larger palace, Lui finally understood why Shen choose to stay in his wing instead of moving to the emperor's wing.

----------------------------------------

As he was deep in thought, he felt Zhanshi slide his hands around his waist and rest his head on Lui's shoulder then softly says, "Kitten, do you like gardens....If you do, I can add as many garden as you want to my wing."

---------------------------------------

Growing up, Lui has been surrounded by nature all his life and he is quite fond of nature, but as he ponders if he wants a garden, he quickly catches himself and scolds himself internally and wonders why he was even taking what Zhanshi ask into consideration. Shaking his head to tried and clear his thoughts, Lui tells Zhanshi, "It's your home. You can get one if you want one."

----------------------------------------

Zhanshi was hoping for a different answer but seeing as Lui actually took some time to think about what he said instead of just out right saying no, Zhanshi was happy and saw it as progress and continue to happily show him around the whole palace.