48

"Not possible. We have never...it's not possible. ...why do you think that its mine?" Zhanshi blankly states as he shakes his head in disbelief.

As Shen sits down and calmly pours himself a cup of tea, he asks Zhanshi, "Does Lui look like a person who would like Yan An?"

Zhanshi shook his head no, but was still doubtful, after all only Lui knows who's he's into. Both he and Shen are just guessing. But then again, why is Shen so sure that the child is his. As Zhanshi process this thought, he asks Shen "how come you seem so sure that it's mine, when we've (Lui and himself) only just met a few weeks ago?"

With that, Zhanshi watch Shen again raises one of his eye brows in a questioning manner before going back to his usual expression. "Tell me, when was the first time that you met Lui?" Shen asks as he taps his index finger on the table a few times in a pondering manner.

"That time when I woke up." Zhanshi replies

As another slightly surprise expression flashes across Shen's face, Zhanshi narrows his eyes and asks in a questioning tone, "Am I wrong?"

After thinking it over for a few seconds and trying to figure out what is really happening, Shen finally nods his head once and then tells Zhanshi, "You met Lui around that same time I found Aixin in the mountain. The reason I believe the child Lui is carrying is yours is because you two seem to have been very close since then."

Zhanshi was completely stun to hear what Shen was telling him and if he had not known that Shen is not one to lie, he would immediately reject and protest everything Shen had just said. Furthermore, since Shen will never joke about something so serious, Zhanshi was stun.

As Zhanshi quickly thinks to himself, 'how could I have forgotten so much?! Is it really the truth?' and attempts to retrace his steps back to the time that Shen found Aixin, his heart immediately accelerated when he realizes that parts of his memory/timeline seem to be completely blank.

Now, Zhanshi knows that it is normal to not be able to recall bits and parts of a person's memory, but he is not normal and has never had that issue before in his life. Additionally, everything other than Lui, Zhanshi could recall fine. Thus, he finds himself pacing anxiously before abruptly turning to Shen with the deadliest and most furious silver glare that Shen has ever seen Zhanshi express and coldly asks, "who? Who messed with my memories?!"

Shen softly shakes his head and tells him, "I'm not sure either ...but I suspect it has to do with your revival. You remember that, right?"

With his eyes still glowing a fierce and eerie bright silver, Zhanshi nods his head and coldly asks Shen, "Is there a way to get back my memories?"

After thinking for a minute, Shen releases a sigh and tells Zhanshi, "Ask Lui. I believe he should know more than you or me about this."

---

With so many questions running through his mind, Zhanshi wasted no time in dashing towards his residence, but found that Lui was not there. So after taking a minute to think, a place came to his mind and caused his already frowning face to darken as he rushes away from his wing.

Upon arriving to Shen's guest room, to Zhanshi's dismay, his guess was correct. Lui did choose to run to one of Shen's guest rooms instead of his wing. This made him more irritated and he couldn't stop a low aggravated growl from escaping as he barges into the room.

---

As Lui somberly sits idly on the window panel, vacantly staring at nothing. Zhanshi's words ring in his head for the 10th time that day. Lui had originally thought that Zhanshi was upset about him executing a Royal General/causing trouble in the palace and could accept Zhanshi's anger, but when he heard Zhanshi state that his child belongs to the Royal General, Lui felt his heart drop from his chest and his eyes burn.

At that moment, Lui did try his best to not shed any tears but he couldn't help it, as the words that Zhanshi said echo in his mind.

Just even thinking about it now makes his eye heat up, which Lui really hates because he is not a person who cries easily and has no idea what is wrong with him. The more he thinks about it, the more Lui becomes frustrated and the more anxious his heart became. Eventually he just couldn't take it anymore and quickly stands up from the large window pane.

However, coincidentally, just as Lui's stood up, Zhanshi barged into the room and abruptly asks in a calm but cold voice, "is the baby mine?"

---

Stun, Lui instinctively widen his eyes and questioned himself if he had heard correctly before asking back, "what do-"

But before Lui can even finish his sentence, Zhanshi dash in front of him and cover his mouth. "Is. the. baby. mine?" Zhanshi again, asks as an icy, bright, sliver glow emits from eyes.

The chilliness in Zhanshi's eyes cause a cold chill to run through Lui's back and made him unconsciously nod.

---

After receiving Lui's confirmation, they both remain quiet for a minute before Zhanshi calmly removes his hand from Lui's lips and just expressionlessly stares at Lui.

As they both stand in silence for another minute, Zhanshi finally asks with narrowed eyes, "why can't I remember anything? Did you do something to me?"

Lui quickly opens his mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

Lui did this a few times, but no matter how hard he tried, as the Goddess had mentioned, his mouth was sealed. So after a few unsuccessful tries, the tears and frustration that had slowly build on his face, threaten to burst through, which made him even more frustrated.

---

As for Zhanshi on the other hand, the sight of Lui trying so hard and getting frustrated was really adorable and gave him an indescribable urge to tease Lui, but before Zhanshi could even think of a way to tease him, the tears that hung on the edge of Lui's eyes started to overflow like an incessant waterfall.

This quickly changing Lui's adorable appearance to a sad, pitiful one and prompt Zhanshi to reflexively pull Lui into a warm hug.

---

As Zhanshi holds Lui, after a few second of frustrated wailing, Lui angrily spat through each sob, "hic...I ...hic Don'tNeedYou. sob... jerk! Hic...let me go. Hic...I should have just marry-...sob----------hic..........I give up."

As Lui softly mumbles out the last part and bursts into an even more heartbreaking sobs that's fill with frustration and fatigue, Zhanshi tightens his hold on Lui and could only softly say, "Sorry... I'm sorry... Sorry."