10

A/N: Some people made find the following two chapters gross, so read at your own risk.

The Soldier's Competition is an annual competition that allows all soldiers to raise in rank. All soldiers who are interested may register regardless of their current rank. The ranking of soldiers went from:

Top-class

Second-class

Low-class

Depending on which phase the soldier pass, their ranking will rise accordingly.

------------------------------------------

As of currently, Zhanshi is in none of the classes because he's never taken part in the Solider Test. So when he registered, he is automatically placed in the low-class group and the means that the competition for him starts in following day.

------------------------------------------

Next Day

For this first phase, only the low-class soldiers are competing and the competition ground is the central arena. When Zhanshi arrived at the huge arena, thousands of soldiers are already there, eagerly awaiting for the competition to start. As Zhanshi looks up at the crowd, he sees that all of the Low-class generals, Imperial generals, and Royal generals seats are empty (this is their order of importance: from least to greatest). This of course this did not surprise him because this round was only for the losers.

When it was finally time to start, a low class general announced to the eager crowd, "In this phase you all will be given a series of tasks, once you complete them, you will move on to the next tasks and once you complete all tasks you will move on to the next phase. Understood?"

After they all shout that the understand, the low-class general then went on to explain the first phase. "In this phase you are prohibited from hurting your fellow competitors in anyway. If you do, you are automatically disqualify. Your first task is to run from the end of this side to the large boulders. Your second tasks is to move one of those boulders all the way back to this side then back. Do this five times. Once you have completed this, move on to the third station and hit the center of the target three consecutive time with an arrow. Upon successfully completing these tasks you will pass this phase."

When they heard what all the tasks were, everyone in the crowd smirks to themselves because the boulders are big but not impossible to move, and though it'll be hard to hit the center of the target three consecutive time, that's also not impossible as well. Overall, this test seems a lot easier than what they thought and we're sure they'll all pass. In fact, one of the low-class soldier became so conceited that he boost, "--hmp-- how ridiculous. All these tasks are too easy. Anyone can past with their eyes close."

Upon hearing the soldier's words, the low-class general smirked to himself and tells them, "Ah. I forgot to mention. You have to complete all tasks within 2 hours. If you don't, you fail."

When all the soldiers heard that, they frown and started to yell, "WHAT?! Do you see how many people are here! Two hours will not be enough time for all of us to rotate." But the low-class general just shrugs and tells them, "Remember, no fighting or hurting your competitors. That will be an automatic disqualification. Your time starts now."

------------------------------------------

As soon as he announce that the competition has begun, knowing that they only have two hours, all of the soldiers ran across the huge field towards the boulders. As they ran, out of nowhere, a loud announcement started calling out names of people who are disqualify. In just a minute, a third of the group was disqualified already, and people eventually caught on that the people being disqualify are those who accidentally or intentionally made other competitors fall or injure themselves. Thus, everyone immediately became more aware of their surroundings and how they may affect others in the competition.