Chapter 14~ Tell me!

Beginne am Anfang

"No there isn't thank you. If you could just give us her pills or whatever and we can be on our way." She said quickly with her hand tightly over my mouth.

"Erm, okay. Follow me." He instructed us as he got up. Fly got up too taking her hand off of my mouth and walking quickly behind him. I got up and started following. My legs were a bit weak but I managed to walk properly. I caught up to Fly and whispered.

"What was he on about?" I asked in a whisper. She shrugged her shoulders.

"I have no idea." She replied me but I could tell she was lying. There is something that she is not being honest about and its kinda bugging me. I looked at her. I knew she knew I knew she was lying. She kept looking ahead and avoiding my gaze but I knew that inside she was getting quite uncomfortable. I just shrugged it off. She was bound to tell me sometime. We doesn't normally keep secrets from eachother so this was odd. We got to the front desk and the doctor asked miss Whizz for 'Ella Shifty's medications' .

She gave him a small white bag.

He handed me the small white bag. I didn't bother to look in it because it would just be some bottles of drugs that would make me feel nauseous.

"On each bottle it says how frequently to take them. I want to see you here again in a week's time for some check-ups and X-rays. The date and time should be in the bag. Remember we said you 'may' so it could just be something mild but we will look into it more next time you see me. Okay?" He asked and I just nodded wanted to get this over and done with so I could do some interrogating. "Remember, if there is any problems or worries, don't hesitate to come see me. My name is Thom and if you haven't already guessed, I am your medical supervisor. So I will be in charge of your health at the moment. They would have put a girl in this place but they were all full. Here is my card, it has my number on it. Call me if there is any problems. Are you sure you have no questions?" He asked emphasizing the word 'you' while looking at Fly. I smirked at her and nodded my head at him. He gave me a nod back.

"Okay well, remember next week and to call. I gotta run so bye!" He said while walking quickly off.

"Bye dear." Miss Whizz said while opening the door and letting us out. We walked out of the waiting room and a fresh breeze smell hit my nostrils.

"Ahh, it reeked of antiseptic in there." Fly breathed in the natural aroma. I just looked at her in a way that said 'are you serious?'

"What was that in there? What was he on about? What are you keeping from me?" I asked her walking in front of her so she would stop walking and listen to me for the first time.

She hesitantly shrugged before trying to walk around me. I blocked her path each way she tried to go. I crossed my arms and kept my gaze on her. This way she would have  to tell me.

"I have no idea what you are talking about so if you don't mind-"

"Cut the crap! What were you going to say to me before Thom came in?" I asked. Her face was hard but I could sense a little bit of anxiety in her facial expression. 

"Ella, honestly I dont know what you are making a big deal out of. If you had to know it was that the doctor said you were going to be out for a while. Alaska revived you okay? If she hadn't we didn't know how long you would be 'sleeping' for." 

I stayed quiet and let the words sink in before I could say something wrong. 

"She revived me?" I asked in surprise. Alaska did it. She actually did it and I was the one that she did it on. Fly nodded. I couldn't help the smile on my face.

"You'll have to go and thank her then. Speaking of Alaska why don't we go meet up with them at the Canteen?" Fly suggested walking around me and pulling my arm with her to the way of the Canteen.