Chapter 2

Having to witness that violent fight, smelling some awful stench along with the scent of sweat crowling in the air, and not to mention it was my first time being agasint a thousand people at once, surely it wouldn't be a surprise to faint during those events, right?

As embarrassing as it sounds, I did faint. And I can remember being carried by Glen when he quickly spotted my unconcious self. We went home after that and Jayce came along with us. As soon as we got in the car, I regained my conciousness and saw Helga looking really worried at me. Remembering that we have school tomorrow, not to mention my first day, we figured that it was about time to head home.

We dropped Helga home and since Jayce was slightly not looking so well as Glen referred to him as a little drunk, Glen ended up suggesting that Jayce should stay over at my house for the night. Jayce went for the plan and I didn't mind. He was going to sleep with Glen anyways so it wasn't really a big deal for me.

We got home at exactly 12:32 on the dot. As we arrived at my front porch, we saw a letter attached at my front door saying mom and dad wouldn't be coming home tonight. It says there that they had an urgent business to attend to and that they wouldn't be home til morning. As soon as I got through the front door, I immediately went to my room and jumped on my bed. Tomorrow, good luck.

__________

Looking at my watch, it's already 2 in the morning and I'm still very much awake and unable to sleep.

Well, I wouldn't guess twice if it's because of my stomach. It's been growling really loudly you'd assume I have a pet lion in my room.

Realizing that I'm already drooling from imagining some delicious food, I decided to get this over with and head down stairs to get myself a late night snack.

When I got in the kitchen, I grabbed a bunch of leftover meat in the fridge and heated it in the microwave. While waiting, I also grabbed a 1 liter coke and a bunch of chips. After waiting for my meat, it finally dinged and I quickly took it out and placed it on the kitchen table.

Just by smelling it, I could already tell that my mouth was drooling.

I swear, nothing had ever given me such pleasure than to smell the good scent of food.

Bon Appetit

I took a bite of my meal, and immediately moaned in delight as I tasted the sweet flavor it left in my mouth. In each bite, I felt myself getting into(I mean really into) the flavors that were continously dancing in my taste buds. Being so into the food, I didn't realize that someone had already passed me and is currently searching in my kitchen's fridge. I lifted my head to see who it was and turns out, it was Jayce Evans.

To my surprise, Jayce was half naked and was only wearing loose jeans. I can see he was already comfortable despite the fact that he doesn't live here.

It surprised me, but not too much to actually get my mind of my delicious meal. Seeing his bare upper body, I, without hesitating, observed him physically while eating continously.

His chest was well formed. His abdominal was muscular and it gave me a hinch that he does extreme physical activities to have such obvious muscles in the stomach area. His biceps looked magnificent as he kept flexing its muscles as he reached deeper into the fridge. Within 35 seconds of observing him, I could already tell that his features could be easily approved as a heathy young man. I can't imagine what he does to maintain that form.

"Oh my, my, my." I heard a person say, snapping me out. I eyed on Jayce and quickly realized that it was him. I found him happily grinning at me. "Pippa, are you checking me out?"

"Yes." I quickly and honestly answered.

"So?" Jayce's grin grew wider. "What can you say? Do you like what you see?"

"I guess it's alraight." I answered, looking at his upper figure again. "But I'm fine. I'm actually quite satisfied with the way I look so—oh well."

Eating another bite of my meal, Jayce gave me a confused impression. And when I say confused, I mean really confused. Like, more than the confused look he gave me back at the club.

Grabbing an apple from the fridge, Jayce's gaze never left me as he shut the fridge close.

"I wasn't asking you if you'd like the same body as mine." He leaned at the side of the fridge and placed one hand in his pocket while the other was holding the apple. He took a bite off it after.

"You weren't?" I asked, looking at his apple.

Darn, that apple looks good. Perhaps I should've gotten myself one too.

"Then what did you mean?" I added.

Jayce shook his head. "Forget it."

"Is the apple good?" I asked, couldn't resist asking as I hear the delicious munching sounds he was making.

"Juicy." he said. "How about your buffet over there, huh?"

"Not a buffet." I laughed, seeing how overreacting that was. "It's just a late night snack."

"Snack you say?" He eyed on my meal. "Do you always eat like that?"

"Kind of."

"Wow." he shrugged, actually looking impressed. "It's amazing how much you can eat and still have a slender figure. What do you do?"

"Nothing." I stated.

"You don't say?"

"Yeah nothing. I guess I took over my dad's fast metabolism side."

"Lucky for you then." He raised both his brows as he took another bite of his apple.

"Hey." I said, louder than I intended. "Can you grab me one of those apples?"

"An apple?" He bearly said in a willingly way. "Your buffet not enough for you?"

"It's your fault; munching that thing so deliciously infront of me."

In a matter of seconds, Jayce smirked at me, and in a very amusingly way. "Well, instead of another apple, why not just have mine instead?" he insisted. "I mean, we can share, can't we?"

I immdiately shook my head in disapproval. "No way. I don't want your left overs. Give me a new fresh one."

Looking slightly disappointed as he pulled both his eyebrows together, Jayce opened the fridge and reached for an apple.

"You know, you don't understand the concept of flirting, do you?" he questioned me as he tossed me a pure red apple. I caught it.

Flirting?

Why would I?

I tried to hide my confusion on the situation by asking; "You're...flirting with me?"

"Yeah I am." he simply replied.

"Why?"

"I'm here and you're there, so why not?" He lastly took a bite, finishing off the apple. "Not that I'm interested in you or anything."

"Should I take that as a compliment?" I asked, not knowing where he's getting at.

He sighed and said; "Take it as anything you'd like, dollface. I'm going to bed."

With that, he walked out from the kitchen and headed upstairs.

As I kept looking at his back,  he unexpectedly added; "Good luck for your first day tomorrow. You're gonna need it."

______