6.

Safe Guarding (Guarding your heart)

"A heart, is a house for love" -The Dells

What exactly does it mean to guard your heart?

Guarding your heart doesn't mean to shut yourself off from the world, it means to be wise with it.

At this point in time, making better decisions on what you need is important. There is the confusion between wants and needs, and that's where constant downfalls happen. To decipher the difference, evaluate your motive behind that need. Think about how it will benefit you in the long run, and is it focusing on a particular part in your life that needs mending. If it isn't, it's a want and while wants are good, it's also temporary. Be sure to never look back and compare your life, your started with a clean slate now so keep it that way. As you take one step at a time, remember to keep the focus on you and avoid going back to the past.

Do Right By You
In your time of singleness, invest in YOURSELF. It's time to create that relationship with yourself. Take your self on dates, work on starting up your career whatever it may be. It is up to you now to take care of you. Realise that if you don't know yourself and love yourself first, how are you going to love somebody else? Better yet how do you expect them to figure you out if you can't?

Protect yourself
Do not deliberately get involved in something that you will take back to where you once were. It's okay to say no, and it's okay you turn someone away. The whole point is not settling, but as you continue to build yourself up, build your standards as well. Now I do not mean how much the person earns and all that, I mean does this person respect themselves? Or are they selfless? Try new things, explore options you never thought you would before.

Dare to find out who you are right now. Shut off other things at the moment and focus on you. Pour into yourself now, and do not be apologetic either. Remember, nobody got you like you!