1.

Dove's Eyes

Creating a Relationship with God/Seeing yourself the way God sees you. Loving your flaws.

Through the experiences in our lives, at this point we've come up with a perspective on ourselves. More than likely we've made them based on expectations or mistakes made along the way.

A lot of times it is difficult to figure out who we are or what we even like, because we let society and the people around us tell us what is actually accepted and expected from us.

Each of us has something that is unique and something that causes us to stand out. Embracing that and ignoring the expectations of others, exceeds the negative comments that will come. There is something about the brain, as long as you tell yourself this is something I love or this is something I believe in, instantly our actions follow suit. This is simply possible because we just directed the steering wheel to take matters into our own hands and seek to please yourself. 

Self love is not such easy topic, and dealing with this myself, I know how much time and effort it can actually take. But everything falls into place when you love yourself. When you love yourself you are able to pick up on the things that make you stand out and the things that may seem kind of weird but enticing at the same time.  Self love actually starts with you and being able to forgive yourself. We don't realise the reason we cannot move on or love ourselves freely, is because we haven't forgiven ourselves. A lot of us hold grudges of what someone did to them, or how unfairly they were treated by them.

This instantly makes room for negative thoughts to creep in , and instead of just only being the victim, we are now the enemy. Our minds are crossed, our spirit is vexed, we are broken vessels. We say we've moved on, but whenever we talk about the past, we start to repeat the story and mar people's character, instead of stating facts and speaking about how you overcame such a tragic experience. We say we've had enough and we want to move forward, but we continue to play victim in order to keep feeling sorry for ourselves.

We hold on to the feeling of self pity because we feel it's what we're used to, it's my comfort zone, it's my natural habitat, I know it best. What we don't realise is, we are continuing to hurt ourselves. What happened, happened. That person has clearly moved on and is living their life fully, but replaying your story and not forgiving them will cause you to unintentionally hate yourself, because now you feel the reason this all happened is because of you. It all comes back and turns into a not what "he" or "she" did but about " how I feel" "why me?". Feeling sorry for yourself is making your bed of misery. You start to feel things you haven't felt before, you start to hate the things you used to love and you start to treat your loved ones like crap. GET OVER IT.

Get over it and forgive yourself for all the self pity and the misery you have caused. When you go through a trial that means that you are doing something right. Only the people who want to excel and want to see themselves in a new light get tested and tried. Start by first listing and thinking about all the things you've hated, all of the situations you've been in that hurt you, and re direct the way you talk about it. Your story is meant to be told and not to be stored. Your story is to teach, empower and inspire not to bring hate and judgment.

Think about the good in you. Think about how even though you were hurt so many times, you're still alive, you're are still striving. Do not hold yourself back by giving your haters the benefit of continuously seeing you broken but Rise above. On a episode of Grey's Anatomy, a white supremacist refused to be treated by a black doctor, all because of the tattoo on his stomach and the beliefs he choose to go by. However instead of raving and refusing to give a patient the care that was need, Dr. Bailey choose to rise above and do what she was destined to do, save a life. We need to rise above the negative and reap the positive.
................................................................
Now when it comes to embracing your flaws, it seems quite hard but it is actually quite simple. Firstly look at all the things that people seem to find weird or corny about you and put emphasis on it. Find a creative way to showcase it, like writing a book, or making a YouTube page. Probably making skits and sketches about it, whatever you can to let the world see you don't really care about what they dislike.

Showing it off, and how you do it, shows just how much you love it. When you make your flaws normal for yourself, people will be accepting of it, if not they are just plain ole bitter.. simple as that. God gave us all unique talents, passions and goals. He made us all to make a difference, and there is always a plan set in place for us to reach to our divine purpose.

................................................................

Building a relationship with God is not hard at all. All you have to do is Acknowledge him. Let him know that you are interested in having a deep conversation with him. Having conversations with God allows you to be able to hear from him. Each time you talk to him, you give him a chance to be apart of your life. You give him the okay to work on your behalf, not saying that he wouldn't do that other wise, but having your acceptance makes the relationship stronger.

You know when you have friends,but there is always that one person you can say anything to and they will instantly understand how you feel? That's the way a relationship with God operates. It releases a load off of when you talk to God and instantly you see results after pouring your heart out to him.

A relationship with God is basically practice for a relationship with a potential spouse. You both get each other, you have to keep ensuring that you let God know you love him, you keep ensuring that you let God see your faithfulness too him. You keep ensuring that you talk to him at every given chance you get. Make sacrifices, create goals and consult with him. That is exactly how you start the relationship, and with consistency it grows.

Lastly, we must not forget the romance in our relationship with God. Worship and adoration is key in this. Whether you're man or woman, I'm sure everyone loves a good a long speech about how you are appreciated by someone you love. Some show it in song, some write poems, the list goes on and on. But, the main thing you remember is how it made you feel. When we put our all in to worshiping and adoring him, we are not only letting God know we appreciate the things he's done and what he brought us through, but also for the things we did not receive for our own good.

As we make progress let us not forget how valuable and precious we are, and that this journey will prove that the wait and how long we wait is so worth it.
................................................................

Do not forget to vote, comment and share with someone! I hope you enjoyed Chapter 1 of this book. ❤️