I rolled my eyes, taking a seat on my bed. "Talking about that, you should ask her on a date."

Nina turned around and sighed when she saw a pile of clothes. "Like the one you're going on with Becca?" She chuckled.

"It's not a date." I rolled my eyes yet again. "But yes, you should ask her out."

"I don't think she—"

"She'll say yes." I took a shirt from the closest pile to me and I looked at it. It was a white shirt with a peach printed on the right pocket.

"I know," Nina faced me, smirking. "I just think she may need some time— the Maddison thing was— I don't know, I want us to be over it, fully, before we start something new."

Funny. That was the same reason why Cassie hadn't asked her out yet.

I cleared my throat and played with my shirt, just so I didn't have to look at Nina. "So... do you still feel something for Maddison?"

I heard Nina sighed and she took a bit to answer me.

"I dunno," She shrugged, throwing a black shirt at me. "I'm over it but I'm not completely over her. I don't feel the same as I felt at first, I don't want to talk or even see her again but I can't deny that I was starting to fall for her and that's not something you just get over quickly. I think the same goes for the other girls."

I hummed, thinking back to the girls. "I think Maggie and Lottie are doing good, though."

Nina chuckled and turned back to me with a knowing smile, holding a soft-pink t-shirt.

"What?"

"Oh, girl," Nina shook her head. "You don't know?"

"I don't know what?"

Nina shrugged. "Ask your cousin."

Oh, no. "No," I moaned, "My cousin and Maggie? They're together?"

"Umm—" Nina chuckled. "Not exactly."

"Nina," I fell back onto my bed and threw my shirt over my face. "Why did you tell me, now all I'm gonna think about is that."

Nina sat next to me and took the shirt off my face; her brown eyes are mocking.

"No, you're not because you've got a date to get ready to, so come on."

"It's not a date."

♀ ♀

I'm at the Ferris wheel, the line's long.

omw! (:

I took a deep breath in and let it out slowly. Becca was waiting for me at the Ferris wheel because I was late.

I wasn't late because of the clothing problem because I ended up wearing ripped black jeans, a black hoodie and an oversize denim jacket... I had been ready for hours the problem was that I couldn't get out of the house.

I knew this wasn't date, I knew that but Nina repeating it over and over again... it made me overthink it.

Each step I took, was smaller than the one before, the Ferris wheel was there, I could see it getting bigger and closer and as Becca said, the line was long. I never understood people infatuation with Ferris wheels, they weren't amusing, they were just... slow and boring. There were bumper cars, there were roller coasters... there were so many other great things... why the Ferris wheel?

When I finally made it to Becca, I realised she wasn't alone and my anxiety slowly faded. It couldn't be a date if there were more people.

I mean... not that I thought it would be a date, I knew Becca didn't like me.