Car ride

We were at the store getting everything for the posters for prom.

"Glitter?" She nodded.

"Of course."

"Stickers?" I asked.

"Must have." She said I smiled.

"Letters?" She nodded and I put that in the basket as well.

"Okay Alexa I think we have enough the baskets kinda full." She nodded.

"Maybe your right." We sat the basket down and paid for everything we put it in the car and got in.

I turned the music on and bobbed my head.

"Lost and insecure you found me you found me, lying on the floor surround me surround me why'd you have to wait why were you why were you just a little late." I sung Alexa smiled.

"Why do you like the fray so much?" I shrugged.

"Come on I barely know anything about you but you know almost everything about me." I sighed.

"I'm more of a listener I Listen not tell." I said she crossed her arms.

"Fine be like that." I continued driving in silence I tapped the stirring wheel making it go with the song I looked over at Alexa to see that she still had her arms folded.

This damn girl, I usually don't open up to people you have to have known me for a long time to get things out of me.

"Before my mom and dad got a divorce." I paused not knowing if I wanted to continue my story. She looked at me like I was about to tell her favorite story.

"Me and my dad would listen to the fray all the time it was a thing we did we would listen to it while we worked on cars together." She bit her lip.

"I guess it keeps the memory of us being a family alive." She grabbed my hand.

"Thanks for telling me." I nodded.

We pulled into her house and I realized that I've never seen her dad does he never come home.

We carried the bags into her room and placed everything on the floor.

"Let's make you prom queen." I said she smiled.