Roxy noticed his hand tense. She nudged him and nodded her head to the front room and left to go get another beer.

A couple seconds later she met him there, just out of everyone's view.

"What's wrong?" She walked over to him as he was leaning against the wall in the dark room.

"Nothing." He ran his hand down her arm.

"Seem a bit wound up?" She took the spot next to him against the wall and handed him the other beer.

"Just struggling with the whole not touching you in public thing." He grinned.

"Well maybe we can re-evaluate the status of our 'relationship'. See what happens?"

Juice squeezed her hand. "Sounds good."

He gave her a quick kiss and moved to go back to the lounge room where the party was.

They rounded the corner and bumped into Tara and Jax. Tara just glared at Jax and stormed out the door.

"Do me a favour. Make sure she gets home safe?" Jax nodded to Juice who was looking at the red mark on his cheek. "Don't ask."

Juice agreed, passed off his beer and took off after Tara.

"So. Things with Tara are looking up then?"

Jax rolled his eyes at his sister.

"Not you too."

Roxy held up her hands. "Soooo not getting involved. It's keeping Ma off my back so you can keep stuffing up your love life as long as you want."

Jax punched her shoulder gently and walked back to get another beer

xxx xxx

A while later Roxy was busy cleaning up the party with Gemma, Harley, Wendy, and a couple other crow eaters. Everyone else had gone.

Harley and Roxy were avoiding cleaning up as best they could by hiding out in the front room with their beers.

"So you and Juice are pretty cosy then?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah I guess. Think it might be getting serious." Roxy grinned.

"Well you deserve it. He is a good guy better than the rest of this lot." Harley laughed.

"What about you?"

"Rox I spend my days watching people have sex... Sometimes that kinda puts a dampener on your love life."

Roxy shrugged. "I s'pose."

"Hey I'm happy playing the field."

"Fair enough."

Just then there was a cry from the kitchen. The pair ran through to see what was going on.

Gemma threw her phone down on the counter.

"What's happened Ma?" Roxy ran over and grabbed her mum's arm.

"Uhm. It's Donna." Gemma braced her arm on the counter top. "She's dead. Someone gunned her down. Clay says we're here till someone comes to take us home."

"Oh god. Ma? Really?" Gemma just nodded and hugged her daughter.

The women stood round the kitchen in silence.

xxx xxx

By the time Roxy got home it was well after midnight. Sack had been tasked with following her back to make sure she was safe but she insisted he go home when she was inside. She wasn't sure if Juice would be over later or not.