CHAPTER THREE: AN UNUSUAL DAY

"I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school. I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy."

  I don't hate you 'cause your fat. You're fat 'cause I hate you!"  

MEAN GIRL QUOTES GUYS..;)

***********************************************************************************************

Veronica's  P.O.V:

Here we are standing in front of a cafe' full of irresponsible teenagers.....going to a place full of these idiots had never been in my wish list.

 Completing the cleaning task , snuggling in my bed and having hot coffee while reading one of my favourite novel seems like a dream as compared to  what is happening right now. I don't even know why I actually agreed to Ryan when he asked me to skip our punishment and to live my life to the fullest. So we drove here on his bike and I must say his bike is expensive one.

I guess lack of sleep nowadays is resulting into me taking irrational decisions

I guess lack of sleep nowadays is resulting into me taking irrational decisions. But right now I can't run away like a coward even if it's the only thing I desperately need. I don't want to be brave, being a cowering mouse seems more safe.

In the cafe' different tables are occupied by different groups. At one corner some geeks are discussing on how global warming is adversely affecting Earth, on other side cheerleaders are discussing what to wear when school football team wins, jocks are sitting at center and girls grabbing every other opportunity to touch the guys.

As we enter the cafe' Ryan waves to the guys sitting at the center.I recognized one of them as Shawn ' Playboy of the school'. Guys cheer as Ryan approach the table and I cower behind Ryan as a deer caught in headlight. Their girl toys make face full of disgust when they see me with Ryan like I am a thief  entering their territory with the motive of stealing something. But little did they know that I am not even interested in ANY guy sitting over there or the one I am walking with.

A blond girl gives Ryan a hug and keenly observes me from head to toe like an x-ray machine.She was going to say something, probably a harsh comment but she chooses to ignore me instead and then faces Ryan to catch his attention" So where were you all day, I was waiting for you in the parking after the school ended." 

Ryan looks at me with a devilish smirk on his face"I was with her in the janitor's closet". As soon as he says this, the whole cafe' falls silent and then the guys outburst with their whistling and shouting as if congratulating him for something they thought he achieved  .Girls who were ignoring me till now started talking in hush tones , probably planning my death. I feel terrified beyond imagination. I guess Ryan understood my uneasiness because he stops the guys from making fun and tell them about the 'Mr. Green incident.'

After that Ryan and guys continued to talk about the upcoming football match with girls flirting with them. I wasn't in a mood to eat anything so I sipped my coke feeling like an outsider.

About an hour later, they decide  to go to a bar.I look at my watch ,detention hours had already ended that means I can go to school to collect my belonging and my car keys. So here I am waiting for a cab to go school and then someone taps on my shoulder.I turn around to find Ryan standing there.

"Where are you going Vee, Can I call you Vee? Anyways, I am the one responsible to bring you here and you are leaving without even informing me?"

I didn't expect him to be a responsible kind of guy and he didn't seem to be like one.  He is a notorious guy who  doesn't miss a chance to annoy me as a neighbor next door.I didn't realize I was long way gone until he snapped his fingers. His questioning expression told me he is still waiting for my answer. 

"I thought you will be going with the guys to the bar".

"I am going nowhere leaving a girl on her own who doesn't even have the convenience to go anywhere and I don't trust strangers."

I thought for a second that he was being funny .But the serious look on his face told me that he meant everything he said."But Ryan you too are a stranger to me". I said placing the facts.

"No I am not, you know me .." he was going to complete his sentence but instead I completed it "ya ya since we were 11 years old.But just being neighbors doesn't count as not being strangers."

But he wasn't going to give up soon. So I accepted his ride back to school. I collected my belongings and car keys from the locker.When I was going towards my car, Ryan stopped me in the middle.

"I am sorry for the scene created at the cafe'. "Then he started the engine and left.

I didn't expect him to be a gentleman, like many other things which I didn't expect to take place at first. Firstly I skipped my detention, secondly, I overcame my fear of going into places full of people and lastly I allowed someone for sometime, little into my comfort zone.

But that was all just for today. From tomorrow my life will be back to normal, with me living in my comfort shell.

When I reached home, mom asked me about my day and I told her everything that happened including Ryan apologizing to me.

 "I told you that chico seems like a nice person to me" was all she said at the end.

"Mom but you don't even know him at all,"  I replied putting my head in her lap.

She gently massages my head with her hands. This action of hers always manages to calm me down even If I am going through a lot and said "kiddo I am an experienced person, I have seen people more than you have seen.So believe me."

After the conversation ended, I went to my bed. I didn't eat much at the dinner too. I needed sleep. Before going to sleep ,I checked my mails. 

There I saw, 15 mails with the heading "URGENT".  They were all from one person, the most important person in my life apart from my mom, from  Amy.

  They were all from one person, the most important person in my life apart from my mom, from  Amy

********************************************************************************************

Author's note a/n:

Hope you guys are enjoying my story. Please let me know through your comments.

the songs I am listening right now are:

1.Imagine dragons..whatever it takes

2.Dua Lipa.. Rules

3. Charlie XCX ...Boys{ video is worth watching girls..;) }