Jasmine Tea

"But what if I fall?

Oh but Darling..What if you fly?"

Tears clouded my vision as pain seeped throughout my body. Thick vines filled with thorns stung as they dug into my skin and grew tighter, slowly creeping around my throat. I struggled, holding back a scream as arms lifted me. I struggled feebly, trying to get out of my kidnappers grasp. Finally, I gave up, letting myself go limp but quickly let out a gasp in surprise as the warm arms were replaced by a cold surface. I arched my back, trying to get away from the cold, but pain exploded in my lower side. I let out a small cry, keeping my eyes tightly shut as the strength faded in and out of me.

Hands gently grabbed my arms, keeping them still. I cracked my eyelids open, the light flooding my vision, but not before seeing a boy looming over me, connecting monitors to my body. I suddenly felt underdressed, in just my usual isle outfit, but was surprised to see myself in a thin hospital gown as I looked down. I slowly lifted my head, getting a glimpse of my surroundings. Blinding white walls were everywhere in the large room, with my bed being the only one that occupied the area. On my right was an annoying beeping monitor, with buttons connected to my upper body, while on my left was a bag filled with fluid, the slow dripping sound quickly driving me crazy. I shook my head before turning my attention to the attractive boy that was checking my I.V. drip.

"Where am I?" I barely croaked out, a scowl on my face as I tried to sit up. He turned toward me but his face quickly became alarmed and he leaned over me, his gentle strength keeping me hostage.

"You're awake." His voice fluttered inside my head, echoing in my chest as my stomach jumped. I struggled to turn my mind toward important things but my thoughts drifted back to the young man who currently stood over me, his piercing eyes seeming to stare right through my soul.

"I-I." I felt myself stutter. "Good going Melanie." I thought, mentally slapping myself. What would Cole say about me if he could see me?

Cole.

My heart jumped and I slowly propped myself up on my elbows, trying to avoid looking the boy in the eyes. "Where is Cole?" I spoke, my voice barely a whisper. His face fell and he turned away from my line of vision.

"He..he left. Went back to the isle. Right after your brother dropped you off. He was muttering something in a foreign language. Damn pirates." His voice trailed off as he turned back toward me, a single tear trailing down my face.

"He left?" The thought made my heart almost stop and I replayed in my memory the conversations we had had before coming to Auradon. "You're my everything." He had said.

"I was his everything." I let out a small sob before letting my head fall back against the pillow. A comforting arm wrapped its self around me and despite the pain, a fluttering stomach erupted in the pit of my stomach, causing my breath to rapidly speed up. I closed my eyes slowly but they quickly shot open as the folding doors at the end of the room burst open. A figure in red burst in, his coat fluttering behind him. I lurched forward, my mouth gaping in surprise as they rushed over to my bed. The boy's arm tightened around me and pain exploded in my side. I held in a gasp of pain as shouts could be heard from the hallway that the figure had just come from. HIs eyes met mine and I blinked quickly, trying to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

"Cole?" My voice echoed in the empty room and he nodded quickly before grabbing my arm, trying to guide me off the hospital bed. The boy who had been sitting beside me stood up suddenly, creating a wall between Cole and I. I blinked in confusion as I watched the exchange. Cole glanced at me before turning to the boy. "Step aside, Ryker." Cole's tone was cool, the words sharply flying off his tongue.