~6~ I Told Him

Alex's POV
After I got ready, it was 2:50. I got Bear's collar and leash.
"Come here Bear!" He came running from Katie's room.
"I'm leaving! I will see you tonight!" I clipped on his collar and leash and opened the door.
"Okay!" Katie yelled back.
I walked out the door, and walked to my car. I opened the passenger side door, and lifted Bear up into it. I closed the door, and walked around to the drivers side, and got in. I drove over to Sam's house. It was 2:57. I let out a deep breath.
"Okay, Boy, time to meet someone new."
I got out and got him out of the car. I let him go to the bathroom, and walked up to the door and knocked.
"Hey Alex. Hey Bear! Come in."
  Bear hid behind me, and I had to tug on his leash to get him inside.
"Come here Bear. It's okay." He followed me over to  couch and sat down next to my feet.
"Do you want something to drink?"
"Water please."
He came over and handed me the water. He sat down on the couch next to me.
"Hey Bear. I'm excited to meet you." He stuck his hand out, and Bear sniffed it. After a minute, Bear started wagging his tail.
"That's good. I think he likes you."
"I hope so." Sam put his hand on Bear's head, and scratched it.
"Do you like him?" I asked Sam.
"I love him. He's adorable. Will he let me touch his paw?"
"Yeah. It doesn't hurt him at all." Sam touched his little paw, and Bear moved it up and down, which meant he was happy.
"Oh my gosh. I love dogs. Humans don't deserve such an amazing animal."
"So I guess you are more of a dog person than a cat person?"
"Absolutely. Aren't you?"
"Yeah. I am."
"So."
"Tell me more about you. Do you have a job?"
"No, I was planning on applying for a job at the animal shelter."
"Oh. That sounds like a good idea."
"Do you have a job besides youtube?"
"No. Youtube is my life pretty much. Just trying to make good content for my fans. Making others happy makes me happy."
"Well that's nice."
"Yeah. What do you want to do with your life?"
"Career wise, I want to work with animals. I honestly would just like to manage an animal shelter. Rehabilitate animals and get them adopted. But what I want to achieve before I die? I want to have kids. I want to grow old and happy with someone or something I love. Even if it's just with my dogs. I don't want to die alone."
"Wow. That's a really good goal in life."
"What's yours?"
"I want to change lives. I want to make people happier and I want people to know that they can be happy no matter what. I just want to influence something. Even if I just change one life, I think that's amazing."
"You are a truly inspiring person."
"You are too. That's how you feel about animals. Its awesome."
"I love that you know exactly what you want in life. You aren't just winging it."
"You too. So you want kids?"
"Yeah. Do you?"
"Definitely."
"I have something to tell you. I really like you and I think you are amazing, so before we go any further, I need to tell you this."
"Okay. What is it? I'm all ears."
"Well, my ex-boyfriend Caleb, he got me drunk one night about two months ago, and I blacked out. I thought he did something to me, but I wasn't sure, so I kept my mouth shut. But then I started feeling weird. I got a small memory from that night. He forced himself on me. I confronted him about a week or so ago, and he told me if I told anyone he would kill me. He left that night, and I called Katie. Then she let me move in with her and I met you."
"That's horrible."
"I just hope he never sees me again. I'm scared he will come back for me."
"Why do you think he will come back for you?"
"Because I am pregnant with his child. When he raped me, he got my pregnant. I was a virgin before that night."
"That's horrible what he did to you. Nobody deserves that Alex."
"I know." A tear slipped down my cheek.
"Hey." He wiped my tear away with his thumb.
"It will be okay." He pulled me into a hug. By that time, Bear had noticed I was crying so he jumped up on me and licked me face. I laughed and held Sam tighter, then let go. Bear jumped down.
"Thank you. I just felt that I should tell you this. I hate keeping things from people."
"It's okay. Thank you for telling me. You being pregnant does not change the way I feel about you."
"I wasn't sure if it would. Katie said it wouldn't. And you seemed like you would accept me no matter what. I feel like I can be myself around you. I love that."
"You can be yourself around me. There isn't anything or anyone better that you could be."
"Caleb never talked to me like that. He just said I love you after the first date, so I tricked myself into believing it was love. But it wasn't."
"I will never become Caleb. Ever. I really like you Alex. More than I ever have anyone."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give me suggestions/ideas
Tell me what you think
Thank you for reading!
~Lizzi Günther