Brain Invaders

"I'm afraid we have a complication," Master Mundi said as we exited the shuttle just as troopers escorted Poggle on board.

"Don't we always?" Anakin asked

"I've just received a distress signal from our forces on Dantooine. Master Windu's defenses held, but at a great cost to his men. They need medical supplies immediately at the medical station near Ord Cestus,"

"We're delivering Poggle to Coruscant, and Cestus is not exactly on the way,"

"The Republic must begin debriefing Poggle right away if we're to get useful intelligence from him," Master Luminara said.

"Master, I suggest we let our Padawans handle the supply mission," Anakin suggested as he pushed me, Ahsoka, and Barriss together.

"Whatever needs to be done, Master," I nodded "I'm happy to help,"

"As am I," Barriss agreed and Ahsoka nodded.

"Very well. Take a medical frigate. And after we've delivered Poggle to Coruscant, we'll rendezvous with you for the voyage to Dantooine," Master Kenobi informed.

"Don't miss me too much, Master," I smirked as he walked away.

Master Kenobi turned around and looked at Anakin "I was afraid this would happen when I left my Padawan with you,"

"What can I say I'm a good influence," Anakin said as he followed after.

***

"You thought you could escape me," Cad Bane's voice said, "You were wrong!"

I jolted awake and looked to the side to Ahsoka still sleeping. Not wanting to bother her I quietly sat up.

"What? What is it?" Ahsoka asked

I shook my head "It's nothing. I'm going to go down to get something to eat,"

Ahsoka got up "I'll come too, we can see if Barriss wants to join us,"

I sighed but followed after the young Togruta.

***

I was spaced out throughout Barriss and Ahsoka's conversation, my fork just pushing around the untouched food on my plate.

Until the door opened to the mess.

"Evening, Ox, Edge." Ahsoka greeted. "Would you like to join us?"I looked at the troopers uneasily as they stood by the door "Is something wrong, troopers?" We ignited our lightsabers as the troopers fired at us. We flipped a table down, using at as cover. "Troopers, stand down!"

When a trooper came above us Barriss cut the blaster off of one as Ahsoka forced pushed the other two against the wall, I aimed my lightsaber as two more troopers entered the room.

"What are you doing?" The trooper asked

"Two clones just attacked us." I shouted, "What is going on?"

"Trap, do you know what happened to those troopers?" Barris questioned.

"Couldn't tell you, Commander." Trap said, "I'm just as confused as-"

"You're in charge of those men." I shouted, "Did you order them to kill us?"

"No, sir. I did not,"

"What's happening?" Ahsoka questioned, "Why would they do this?"

"We don't know," the second trooper said "We heard shots,"

"Why should we believe you?" I questioned