Chapter 17- Forgive Him Or Forget Him?

Both of us sat in his office and worked on the presentation. I was typing and he was just sitting there, staring at me.

"Can we get some work done?" I asked awkwardly.

It was very awkward because he just sat there and stared at me with a smile on his face just like every time.

"Oh trust me, I am getting some work done," he slowly stated and I could feel my cheeks burning.

"Like what?" I asked as I faced him.

"Like looking at you. It helps," he said.

"How does looking at me help with decorating the slides?" I asked, looking at him with a weird face.

"Well you are very pretty and I feel as if I look at you, you work fast and so we can have some time at the end to just sit back and chill," he stated.

"Chase stop," I finally said.

"Stop what?" He asked, trying to sound innocent.

"Stop trying to talk to me, it won't work," I replied as I started typing.

"What won't work?" He asked.

"You know what, do whatever you want just don't talk to me," I demanded but he came a little bit closer to my chair.

"Don't talk to you? But I can't live like that," he stated, innocently.

"Chase you can't-" I started but he interjected.

"-I can't win you back? Yes I can, watch me," he completed my sentence.

"Not this time," I muttered, half whispering.

"What? What did you say?" He asked.

"Nothing," I looked at the computer and started working.

He kept staring at me until I looked over at him. I looked at him in disbelief when he came a little closer to me, pulling his chair towards mine.

"Can we please do work? I'm tired and I have to go home," I stated, looking at the laptop.

"We are," he replied as he started doing something with the files. I looked over at him and found him concentrating on the files. Suddenly his face turned towards me.

"See now you are staring at me. Don't stare at me so much, I feel shy," he smiled and scratched his collar.

"Shut up Chase," I looked back at the laptop and finished the presentation. "It's done, edit it if you'd like, Good Night," I replied as I stood up to leave but was pulled by my forearm towards him.

"Don't leave so soon, can we please talk?" he said, looking at me and then his eyes drifted away from me to behind me as if someone was standing there. He quickly pulled me closer to him and smirked, more to whoever was behind me than me.

I tried looking back but his other arm forced me to look at him. "We'll leave for Paris tomorrow so be ready, I'll pick you up in the morning from your house at 7 sharp," he said into my ear which sent chills down my spine.

"I-I'll go by myself," I stated, trying to get out of his grip but he held me too tight.

"I didn't ask you, I'm just letting you know that I'll be there tomorrow," he spoke as I heard the door shut behind me.

Just as he let go of me, I looked back but whoever was here already left. "Who was that Chase?" I asked, turning to face him as his eyes lowered to the ground.