epilogue

I woke up drenched in sweat. My breathing was not in the normal state. I tried to steady my breathing when I realized the person beside my was missing.

The scene flashed before my eyes, was it real? or was it just a dream?

Suddenly my breath hitched again, fearing it might be true. Now I'm stuck in the state of not being capable of doing anything.

I reached my phone and tried to contact him, it rang so long but he didn't answer. Feeling panicked and senseless, I tried calling him again and again but no luck, he still didn't answer his phone.

I got out of the bed and tried calling him. Maybe, just maybe, he's at home, downstairs, cooking a breakfast for both of us, while planning something in his head on what will we do later on that day.

Let's just cross our hearts.

I ran downstairs and greeted by an empty kitchen, and living room. 

no this can't be happening, it wasn't real, was it?

I called out his name again and tears found it's way on my eyes. My eyes began to burn and my face felt hot.

I ran upstairs again and tried reaching out to him by calling him. 

Was it true? Is he really gone?

I didn't have the nerve to call anyone else because I'm afraid it was true, I'm afraid they will break the unpleasant news.

I sat on the floor against the wooden bed frame, brushing my hair with my hand. I'm starting to feel more anxious by the second.

Suddenly I heard the front door being opened. I stood up and ran downstairs to the source of the sound.

Then I see him.

Wearing the stupid cap and that stupid jumpers which was a present from me. He glanced up to me after he put his coat on the hanger.

"Good morning- wait, Keiko, is there something wrong?" He let out a tired smile and walked up to me. And being the stupid person I am, I cried.

I walked closer to him and leaned on his shoulder. His arms found their way up and embrace my body. Engulfing me inside his scent and warmth.

"Are you okay? Tell me, hey" he tightens his embrace as I cried my heart out on his shoulder. "Sorry I didn't tell you I had to go yesterday, you were sleeping so peacefully I didn't have the heart to wake you up, have you checked on your voice message?"

I shook my head.

"Will you promise me something?" I pulled out from his arms, looking at him straight in the eyes.

"Yeah- anything,"

"Promise me not to ever leave"

"I promise"