part 5 ; intervention

We found ourselves in a small coffee shop that were slightly hidden in between two buildings, none of us knew this place, we just happened to walk by and the setting of the place were pretty so we went inside.

We were standing in line, waiting for the person ahead of us to order her drink when suddenly some words from the people behind us caught my ear.

"Have you seen EXO's comeback stage?" a girl said and in an instant I tugged Jongin's hand. He looked at me funny and I tipped toe to whisper him what was going on. 

"Yeah, it was below the line of mediocre, the song was not catchy and it was bad" the other one said and I bit my bottom lip to hold back my laughter.

"I don't think it was not, the meaning behind their repackage album's title song is actually beautiful and like the name, powerful" she said in reply of her friend's opinion.

"The topic and theme weren't clear, they are adults not some rookie, why would they even make the video like that" the other girl said again, she was clearly didn't like my man.

"They were aiming for a superhero concept, and actually the concept is pretty cute, they don't have to be stiff at all times, do they?" 

"And the choreography is pretty weird don't you think? What was Kai doing with all of the soft spins like that, it looks like he wanted to blast off" the other girl scoffed, and a small laugh escaped my mouth but Jongin covered my mouth so I couldn't let out any more sound.

There were a brief silence behind us and I was so afraid we were caught listening to their conversation, but the girl who were defending spoke again.

"His background was ballet, if you're saying those kind of things, now I'm asking you, can you do it?" the girl deadpanned.

"It was a pretty hard thing to do, I sprained my ankle during the practice, how could you say that" Jongin turned around out of the sudden and made his voice a little too dramatic and pouted towards the girls.

"Let them have their conversation in peace don't intervene" I let out a small laugh and turned him around.

"Oh- I'm sorry for everything I said- I didn't mean to-" the girl stuttered and covered her mouth, "Woah you're so handsome"

"It's okay, you can have your own opinion, but my message for you is please appreciate other people's efforts, they worked hard, you know" he winked at her. 

"And thank you for defending me- us, I really appreciate it" he gave other girl the warmest smile that probably melted her heart. It even made my heart melt too. "Have a good day, girls"

He turned around again and stepped forward to make an order to the counter and I'm internally dying of laughter.

We went out of the small shop and I playfully punched his upper arm after sipping the coffee in my hand.

"You shouldn't have intervene, they were exchanging opinions" I giggled, his face couldn't hide the playful smirk that were displaying.

"I couldn't help it, did you see their reaction? It was priceless" he laughed and fixed the position of his cap. 

I checked my watch and it showed 4 p.m. "You have prerecording session today right? At what time do you have to go? It's already 4"

"Probably around 5, come on then, we still have one more place to go to" he put his hand around mine and began to walk and pulled me with him.

Today really is a good day.