part 8 ; it's late

He finished the pre recording session at 11 p.m. and we went straight home after evaluation and saying byes to each other.

We arrived home at around 12.30 a.m., my body was super tired but my mind was super happy.

We were already tucked inside the comfortable duvet and wearing our comfortable pajamas, with him wrapping his arms around me for extra warmth in the autumn weather night. I almost drifted into a beautiful and nice sleep when suddenly he poked my cheek.

"Keiko I'm hungry" he said innocently, while continuing to poke my cheek.

"There's bread downstairs just make a sandwich" I refused to open my eyes since I was already in the most comfortable position and I was seconds away from having a good night sleep.

"I don't want sandwich, I want your cooking" he put his neck on my upper arm and hugged me even tighter.

"Jonginnie it's 1 a.m. in the morning, I'll make breakfast tomorrow I promise. There's leftover lasagna in the fridge, just heat it up" I was still refusing to open my eyes, because if I did, my walls would break down when I saw his eyes.

"Okay, that will do" he moved and I was guessing he stood up since I couldn't feel his weight on the bed anymore. But then he coughed, not just a light cough but a deep cough signaling you-are-going-to-be-sick cough.

"What was that" I immediately sat up, raising one of my eyebrows at him.

"It was probably nothing, my throat is just a little bit acting up, I'm just going to make some tea" he stared back at me and went out of the room.

And I heard him coughing again, more intense than before. I can't let him be like that, my heart couldn't take it.

"Time for my special soup then" I walked into the kitchen and pulled out a pot.

"No, go back to sleep, you're tired, I'm just going to eat lasagna" he said, with cough trailing after he spoke.

"No I'm not going to let your chest and throat suffer like that, just trust me, after you eat this you will feel better" I stared into his eyes and opened the fridge, pulling out boiled chicken breast and other ingredients to make the soup.

"Is there something I could do" he spoke up and looked at me doing things.

"Yes, actually to cut some time, can you please chop some spinach, just remove the stem" I gave him a bundle of spinach and started to heat up the stove.

We worked in silence, not the awkward one, but the comfortable one that you know you didn't have to say anything, just be there and it's enough. The only thing that were heard was the sound of knives hitting the cutting board.

"Done" he gave me a full bowl of spinaches. "Now what can I do" 

"Sit there, it's almost ready" I said as I continued to stir the mix of chicken broth and other things to make it delicious.

After I put everything into the soup and let it simmer, lastly I put the spinach and wait around 3 minutes just to soften the leaves.

"Here, eat up, it will make your throat feels better" I pushed the steamed bowl into his reach and slide a spoon. 

He put a spoonful of it into his mouth and a smile spread across his face. The action made my heart bursts with warmth, I really love making him happy.

"It's so good, it's like you have magic hands, how could you make simple things into this" he looked at me while raising his eyebrows in wonder. 

"It's nothing, really, I thought I've already made this before?" I said while brushing my hand through his hair.

"Really? I don't think so, because I'd never forget a taste as delicious as this" he shoved another spoonful of soup into his mouth.

"Don't overreact, it's just a soup" I giggled, seeing him happy really makes me happy.

"I"m not! I promise this is sincere, this soup is really good, thank you" he cupped my face with his hands and poked my nose. "Wait, why aren't you eating"

"I don't feel hungry, I'm gonna pass" I shrugged.

"Nope, if I'm eating, you're eating" he stood up to take a bowl and filled it up with the chicken spinach soup. "Eat up"

There was no point of resisting because he would went on and on over the reasons why I should eat.

Eventually, I ate the soup I made and it really was good, the flavor bursted into my mouth and I could taste a faint flavor of garlic, but not too much to ruin the whole soup in general.

"Thank you for the soup, I really appreciate it, my throat actually feels better now" he said after washing his bowl and mine, he ended up having a second bowl all to himself.

"The pleasure is mine, I really like it when you eat up. " I rested my chin on my hands and looked at him.

"Come on, now that I'm full, I can sleep peacefully" he let out his hand to reach mine. He pulled me with him and went upstairs.

I really wish I could capture this moment and relive it on another time.