Chapter 8: Don't Lie to Klaus

The drive to Mystic Falls was about a day and a half which was pretty torturous for all of us because we weren't allowed to stop or else we wouldn't make it in time for the full moon. Luckily for us we arrived back home Thursday afternoon just a few hours before the sun was supposed to set. I was relieved yet terrified when Scott pulled up in the drive way of my house. I really wanted to get out and stretch but once I saw Klaus' car I just wanted to drive far away so that I wouldn't have to talk to him.

I decided after a moment that if I talked to him alone then maybe he wouldn't over react to badly towards Scott. Without explaining to the boys what I was doing, I got out of the car and walked towards the front door. Scott probably thought that I was excited to see my uncles which was why I was running off without him but in reality I was running inside to try and protect him. "I'm home!" I exclaimed while walking through the front door. I walked from the front door to the living room to look for Damon or anyone really. Once I walked into the living room I saw six empty bottles of alcohol specifically Damon's bourbon sitting on the table next to a bunch of books. My eyes finally landed on Klaus whom was sitting in the recliner with an empty glass in his hand. "Well look who finally made it home." Klaus stated while staggering up out of the chair. I took a step back before replying back,"Yeah I told you that I was coming home.." "However you did lie to me about who you were with. You were with Scott and not Caroline. As a matter of fact Caroline was never with you. You were alone with Scott. Probably fooling around I'm guessing." Klaus stated as his face started to heat up with rage. My heart fell into my stomach as his words sliced open my heart over and over again. "Niklaus you know that I would never do that to you. You are the only person that I have ever slept with... Besides even if something did happen, which it didn't, it wouldn't matter because I told you on the phone that we were on a break and that I was done." I said trying to justify my case. Wait a second did I actually just call him Niklaus? Oh boy, now he knows that I'm mad at him because I only ever use his full name when I am mad at him. Klaus took a few steps towards me until he was standing directly in front of me. My knees buckled up and I felt as if I wasn't able to breathe due to my fear of his presence. "Did you do anything with him?" Klaus asked gazing into my eyes. I shook my head at him as I simply replied back to his question,"No." "Liar. I'm going to kill him." Klaus said plainly before walking past me towards the front door. "Klaus stop!" I shouted before running in front of him and pressing my hands against his chest to keep him from walking.

            Just as Klaus was about to go around me again the front door flew open. "Well look at what we have here, it's the man of the hour." Klaus stated looking up at Scott with a blank expression. His gaze drifted from Scott to me and he smirked before asking me,"Do you have anything you want to tell me before I end up finding out from wolf boy?" I shook my head at his question then looked back at Scott then back at Klaus. "Come on Taylor! Why don't you tell me what you did!? Huh?!" Klaus shouted as he grabbed my wrist rather roughly with his hand. I winced in pain as I attempted to pull my wrist free from his grasp,"Ow Klaus you're hurting me." "Let her go." Scott said in a rather calm voice but ended up letting out a low growl to warn Klaus that he was being serious. "Scott please don't get involved." I said looking back at Scott but of course I knew that Scott wouldn't stop because since he was involved now he wasn't going to stop until this fight was over. Klaus instantly dropped my hand then lurched forward and grabbed Scott by the throat. He slammed Scott against the wall causing multiple pictures to fall to the ground and shattering them and held him up so it made it harder for Scott to breathe. "KLAUS STOP IT!" I shouted while running over and grabbing at his arm to get him to release Scott. Klaus used his free hand and pushed me back with enough force to throw me to the ground. By this time we managed to get a crowd of our friends to gather around us. Damon ran over to help pick me up then wrapped me in a tight hug. After Damon let go of me I looked back over at Klaus whom was still glaring at Scott and holding him captive. "You think you are slick, don't you Scott?" Klaus asked while throwing Scott to the ground. Derek and Stiles stood off to the side not wanting to get involved so that Klaus wouldn't hurt Scott even more. Once Isaac walked in on the scene he started to growl and walk towards Klaus to help Scott but Derek held him back and whispered something in his ear. Klaus laughed and kicked Scott in the stomach before saying,"You thought that I wasn't going to find out!.. What else are you hiding from us?" Scott let out a small whimper of pain while trying to crawl away. "Klaus please stop! He didn't do anything!" I protested while trying again to hold Klaus back but this time Damon held me back. Klaus grabbed Scott by the back of his shirt and held him up. I watched as Klaus let his claws extend out of his fingernails then stabbed them right into the back of Scott's neck. "Scott!" I screamed while running forward. Damon grabbed me from behind and held me back while Stefan walked over to make sure I wouldn't get away from Damon. A tear fell down my face as I looked over at Scott kneeling on the ground with Klaus standing above him with his nails still in his neck.